cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Kitchen sink issue.

harmanrk
Explorer
Explorer
Last year we purchased a new hybrid travel trailer. The two times we have been able to get out camping this year, we have noticed an issue, with the kitchen sink. Particularly the faucet. When turning on hot, cold or both, we get a steady stream of water between the faucet’s base plate that sets on the sink/counter, and the riser, that bends out over the sink. We do get water through the riser as well, be it seems nearly half the water flow is coming up the outside of the riser. This flow on the outside of the riser, has enough pressure to rise, about 2 -4 inches, before gravity wins out, however a good bit of this is not making its way back to the sink, but rather across the countertop.

Has anyone else encountered this issue with a new unit? I do not know if there is a bushing that may need to be tightened, that may have worked loose? We have had to tighten several of the fittings on the drain side of the plumbing, they were either not properly tightened at the factory, or have vibrated loose while traveling, so I figure if the drain side is seeing issues, the supply side may be as well.

The other possibility I had considered is we may not have gotten the line blown out as well as we thought we had while winterizing.

Anyone have any thoughts on this, or things I should look at, before taking it in for service, and paying the dealer to look at it?

Thank you,
Robert
2017 Ford F250 CC-SB SRW PSD
2013 Solaire 190x
6 REPLIES 6

x5rdman
Explorer
Explorer
Replave it with a quality faucet and if you dont use your camper much watch out for the seals drying and cracking.
2008 Jayco Ex-Port 17C
2007 Trailblazer

westend
Explorer
Explorer
Old-Biscuit wrote:
RV faucets....junk---throw away items

Replace with a residential faucet........good quality name brand. And then many years from now you will be able to still find parts (cartridge) if needed.
He,he... rebuilt my 42 year old faucets last year. Pulled the brass stems and polished them, added silicone grease. Attached a new faucet washer on the end. Inspected the flanges for cut mark or if needed reaming...nope. Good for another 42!
'03 F-250 4x4 CC
'71 Starcraft Wanderstar -- The Cowboy/Hilton

Old-Biscuit
Explorer III
Explorer III
RV faucets....junk---throw away items

Replace with a residential faucet........good quality name brand. And then many years from now you will be able to still find parts (cartridge) if needed.
Is it time for your medication or mine?

2007 DODGE 3500 QC SRW 5.9L CTD In-Bed 'quiet gen'
2007 HitchHiker II 32.5 UKTG 2000W Xantex Inverter
US NAVY------USS Decatur DDG31

ScottG
Nomad
Nomad
It probably just needs to have a collar at its base tightened down a bit.
Or you can do like I did when our TT was new and just replace both faucets with nicer residential units.
It sure has been pleasant using quality faucets over the years as well as having a sprayer on the kitchen sink.

Ron3rd
Explorer
Explorer
Welcome to the wonderful world of RV faucet junk. I would replace the unit if possible with a decent quality home faucet unit.
2016 6.7 CTD 2500 BIG HORN MEGA CAB
2013 Forest River 3001W Windjammer
Equilizer Hitch
Honda EU2000

"I have this plan to live forever; so far my plan is working"

nomad297
Explorer
Explorer
It sounds like you need to replace the o-ring at the base of your spout.

Bruce
2010 Skyline Nomad 297 Bunk House, 33-1/4 feet long
2015 Silverado 3500HD LTZ 4x4, 6.0 liter long bed with 4.10 rear, 3885# payload
Reese Straight-Line 1200# WD with built-in sway control
DirecTV -- SWM Slimline dish on tripod, DVR and two H25 receivers