cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Looking for a custom Sprinter RV Shop. Advice?

bigfatguy
Explorer
Explorer
My wife and I are in the very early stages of hunting for an RV.

We're finding ourselves drawn to the B+ Sprinter based designs.

Each design we see in dealer lots has something we really like and something we really don't.

In particular, since I'm 6'6", the arrangement of cabinetry around the bed is of great importance to me, and we are picky about other things like having under-bed storage, fridge size, electrical system, etc...

We aren't looking for gem-encrusted door pulls, exotic woods, or marble floor tiles. What we are looking for is, when we decide we want a brand-x cooktop "right here", nobody will tell us they "don't do that", but rather they'll discuss it in terms of time, money, form, and function.

I'd also prefer a place that does mostly RVs rather than "executive van transport" or "party vans".

Any suggested places I should check out? So. Cal. would be optimal, but custom work is custom work, and I'm willing to travel for a good shop.
4 REPLIES 4

mlts22
Explorer
Explorer
There is also Sportsmobile in Austin. I have seen other RV places, but they do a very good job of upfitting.

For a "B", I'd say Sportsmobile hands down, although Davydd has had excellent experience with Advanced RV.

For a B+, which is really a chassis based motorhome, I'd probably look at Nexus RV or Phoenix Cruiser.

garmp
Explorer II
Explorer II
IMHO, Sportsmobile is THE way to go. We took one of their many standard floor plans and adjusted it to our needs and wants. You can still have "gem-encrusted door pulls, exotic woods, or marble floor tiles" if you want or as basic as you desire. We worked with the Indiana folks and they were/are nothing short of terrific. We love ours.
Our 2351D Phoenix Cruiser, Jack, has turned us from campers into RVers and loving it!

NCWriter
Explorer
Explorer
Sportsmobile has a location in Fresno, good reputation.

SCVJeff
Explorer
Explorer
Don't know what to tell ya. If you go to a custom house, they will do anything you want but you're gonna pay for it. I can point you to several custom shops, but none specialize in RV's (these guys are TV and production conversions). There's just no profit in 1 off RV's unless you want to spend 250k+

Wait until the Pomona RV show and see what's out there
Jeff - WA6EQU
'06 Itasca Meridian 34H, CAT C7/350