cancel
Showing results forย 
Search instead forย 
Did you mean:ย 

mail foward & ID's

brodon
Explorer
Explorer
We are close to starting out full timing in our MH. we have just enrolled in good sams mail service. we will be renting out our home until we decide to stop our travel; not sure when that will be.

Question is what should we do about our drivers license and vehicle registrations...keep our home or change over to temp. mail service address. Any advice on this matter or any other issues we might face later...
8 REPLIES 8

PawPaw_n_Gram
Explorer
Explorer
From the info on your profile, I assume you are already a Florida resident, so it is a simple change of address for you from your home to the Good Sam Mail Service address.

And completely legal.
Full-Time 2014 - ????

โ€œNot all who wander are lost.โ€
"You were supposed to turn back at the last street."

2012 Ram 2500 Mega Cab
2014 Flagstaff 832IKBS TT

dahkota
Explorer
Explorer
We used our Good Sam mail address for our licenses, registrations, insurance, and bank accounts. It has been 2-1/2 years and we have had no problem. We sold our s&b two years ago after renting it out for six months. Life is much easier without the s&b and the transition was easy because we already had everything changed over.
2015 Jeep Willys Wrangler
2014 Fleetwood Bounder 33C
States camped: all but Hawaii
more than 1700 days on the road

stickdog
Explorer
Explorer
All our mail comes to our mail forwarding address, that includes the billing address for CC's and all state and federal communications. You really want stuff to match up.
9-11 WE WILL NEVER FORGET!
FULLTIME SINCE 2010
17 DRV MS 36rssb3
17 F350 King Ranch CC DRW 4x4 6.7 4:10 B&W hitch
John
โ€œA good traveler has no fixed plans, and is not intent on arriving.โ€ Lao Tzu

sdianel_-acct_c
Explorer
Explorer
Change everything to Good Sam Mail Forwarding service. They provide you with a unique Florida legal address. They are located in Crestview FL. Change your credit cards and bills to the Good Sam address so you will have some history. Check out the DMV requirement for drivers licenses ID's and documentation before you renew. http://www.gathergoget.com/
Lonny & Diane
2004 Country Coach Allure 33' "Big Blue"
Towing 2008 Chev Colorado 4x4
Semper Fi

2oldman
Explorer II
Explorer II
Check in the fulltiming forum.
"If I'm wearing long pants, I'm too far north" - 2oldman

DownTheAvenue
Explorer
Explorer
If you are renting your house, you definitely don't want to leave anything with that address. The best approach is to hire a mail forwarding service in a state where you want to domicile, and then have everything related to that mail forwarding address.

Fulltimer50
Explorer
Explorer
I think that to many people feel somehow guilty that they might be doing something not entirely legal when they use a mail forwarding address for their legal residence. It has been proven in court(I have read), and in practice, that it is perfectly legal. We have used our SD address for all things and have had only one case where a Kohls credit card required a physical address. We dont have a Kohls cc anymore.
George

2011 F350 PSD CC LB 4X4 DRW Lariate
2015 Mobile Suites 41RSSB4 5th Wheel

donn0128
Explorer II
Explorer II
Change to a trusted friend or your kids address. Leave everything else to the mail box.
But from my experience this summer in 11 weeks I got about 6 pieces of real mail. The rest was junk. Online bill paying and online bill notification all but ends useful snail mail.