cancel
Showing results forย 
Search instead forย 
Did you mean:ย 

New at this and wondering

BIGBIRD130
Explorer
Explorer
We are renting a 42' 2008 Tiffin Allegro Bus and see it has a 70 gallon grey water tank
I know it's difficult to figure but would anyone have a guess if that would be enough to hold grey water for 2 people for 6 days or do you think we should plan on having to dump it before the 6 days are up.
Thanks for any help
2007 GMC Envoy Denali
12 REPLIES 12

tatest
Explorer II
Explorer II
Depends on the two people. Two of us did OK with 29 gallons for 3-4 days, so we would probably be OK with 70 for six days. I find a lot depends on how we managed dishwashing, more than showers.

But I also have daughters and granddaughters who can fill a 29 gallon tank in less than a day.
Tom Test
Itasca Spirit 29B

Drew_K
Explorer
Explorer
Unless you really conserve, I doubt you can make it 6 days. But it can definitely be done if you're careful about water usage. Navy showers; minimal dish washing - use paper plates & plastic cups.
2013 F250 CC 4x4 Diesel
2014 Open Range Roamer Travel Trailer RT316RLS

NorfolkCounty
Explorer
Explorer
Using a combination of camper and GG facilities, we can go 5-6 days on 23 black, and 23 grey. Myself, wife, 9yo and 6yo. I shower nightly in the camper, the wife and children use cg facilities (they don't care for the small angle shower). Last trip had the kids in shower 1 night due to time/facility availability. Military showers, paper plates, and CG dish sink are the key.
Chris - Chesapeake, VA
2007 Silverado 2500HD 2WD 6.0L, 2009 Jayco 26BH

Bumpyroad
Explorer
Explorer
Sez Hoo! wrote:
I would forget using the campground, stop at a Flying J and dump there, it will cost way less than a CG.

I would compare the cost between a full hook up CG site and one with E&W to get the true cost of dumping. and at a campground, you are dumping at your convenience, not sitting in some line with a dozen units behind you impatiently.
bumpy

Sez_Hoo_
Explorer
Explorer
I would forget using the campground, stop at a Flying J and dump there, it will cost way less than a CG. You can take on fuel, water, propane and if necessary you can dump as well. I only pull into a CG if I want to do laundry. Some rest areas have dump stations too. If you have a 70 gal grey tank then I would guess that you have about a 100 gallon freshwater tank. Do the math, when your grey is full your not too far to empty on the fresh water.
Steven
USCG EMC Ret.
Lilly Pi
1998 Country Coach Intrigue
2000 Jeep Wrangler Sahara

bsinmich
Explorer
Explorer
Wife & I could go a week on our 55 gal grey tank with a shower for each every day. We never used the CG facilities. Now alone I can go a lot longer.
1999 Damon Challenger 310 Ford

wa8yxm
Explorer III
Explorer III
Short answer.. Wife and I once went 8 days on 36 gallons.. WIth reasonable conservations yes, 70 will do the job..

We used paper plates for the most part that week, or ate out. (We were on the road after all).
Home was where I park it. but alas the.
2005 Damon Intruder 377 Alas declared a total loss
after a semi "nicked" it. Still have the radios
Kenwood TS-2000, ICOM ID-5100, ID-51A+2, ID-880 REF030C most times

HappyKayakers
Explorer
Explorer
Yep, all depends on your water conservation techniques. If you take navy showers, don't let water run while brushing teeth, washing dishes/hands, shouldn't be a problem.
Joe, Mary and Dakota, the wacko cat
Fulltiming since 2006
2006 Dodge 3500 QC CTD SRW Jacobs Exhaust brake
2017 Open Range 3X388RKS, side porch

Bumpyroad
Explorer
Explorer
I used to get a full hook up site every third day to dump the grey tank and I am sure my tank was less than 70 gallons. if in a campground, use their showers to conserve space.
bumpy

jjjandrbaker
Explorer
Explorer
dan-nickie wrote:
Too many variables to answer the question about you.
I would need to dump before 6 days.

Totally agree. I could go about a month with that, if I had to. It all depends on your water use. Will you flush every time you use the toilet, or only after solids? Will you wash dishes once a day? Will you take showers/baths in the trailer?
Jim Baker
San Antonio, TX
travel blog and photos

sch911
Explorer
Explorer
It all depends on water usage. Do you know what a Navy Shower is? Are you planning on conserving dish wash water? Etc., etc.....
OEM Auto Engineer- Embedded Software Team
09 Holiday Rambler Endeavor 41SKQ Cummins ISL
2012 Jeep Grand Cherokee Limited Toad

dan-nickie
Explorer
Explorer
Too many variables to answer the question about you.
I would need to dump before 6 days.

I'm curious. Have you been renting the bus for 7-8 months now?
Dan and Nickie
2014 Forest River Berkshire 390RB