cancel
Showing results forย 
Search instead forย 
Did you mean:ย 

Newbie - Leveling with jacks and airbags

timjet
Explorer
Explorer
I have under contract an '07 American Tradition DP. I haven't got the manuals yet and don't understand how the leveling is accomplished. The coach has a leveling panel next to the drivers seat, left side, that will automatically level the coach when parked at a camp site.
How is this accomplished? Do the hydraulic jacks come down and level the coach or are the airbags somehow involved?
Tampa Bay
'07 American Tradition Cummins ISL
'14 Honda CRV
6 REPLIES 6

steveownby
Explorer
Explorer
timjet wrote:
I have under contract an '07 American Tradition DP. I haven't got the manuals yet and don't understand how the leveling is accomplished. The coach has a leveling panel next to the drivers seat, left side, that will automatically level the coach when parked at a camp site.
How is this accomplished? Do the hydraulic jacks come down and level the coach or are the airbags somehow involved?

It could be either or both. If you have the coach ID number call REV/American Coach tech support and they can tell you what specifically is on the coach.
Steve Ownby
2003 Monaco Signature

Full-time since 2007

SoundGuy
Explorer
Explorer
I have no idea what a "American Tradition DP" is but I assume it's a Class A motorhome, in which case you'd likely get more responses to your query in the Class A Motorhome forum from others who own this type of RV.
2012 Silverado 1500 Crew Cab
2014 Coachmen Freedom Express 192RBS
2003 Fleetwood Yuma * 2008 K-Z Spree 240BH-LX
2007 TrailCruiser C21RBH * 2000 Fleetwood Santa Fe
1998 Jayco 10UD * 1969 Coleman CT380

Freightguy
Explorer
Explorer
I just bought one too and I am wondering how they work. Seller tells me you choose the air leveling or the jacks leveling. I will know by Tuesday.
2009 American Tradition 42P
2011 Jeep Wrangler Unlimted

janstey58
Explorer
Explorer
Parking brake on, dump air bags, auto level then deploy slides.
Jeff and Kim
2015 Fleetwood Discovery 40E
Freightliner Chassis 380HP DP
2012 Ford Escape Limited Toad

Colo_Native
Explorer
Explorer
When I had my gas Class A you turn the leveling on then hit auto, then I would go out and do my hookups because if anything is moving inside is messes up the level. With Diesel I don't know about airbags
2015 Winnebago Forza 34T
pushed by a 2011 Fusion Hybrid or 2020 Escape Hybrid
Retired DFD

wildtoad
Explorer II
Explorer II
Someone will come along and give you a detailed answer. From what I think I know airbags=driving, jacks=parked. Most setups have an automatic or manual level option for the jacks.
Tom Wilds
Blythewood, SC
2016 Newmar Baystar Sport 3004
2015 Jeep Wrangler 2dr HT