cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

RV Inspection

bamaspiveys
Explorer
Explorer
I am looking at a 2005 Damon with less than 20k miles on the drive train and about 2000 hrs on the genset. It looks like it sat at a lot of football games on Saturday's with the generator running. The coach is in terrific shape except for three things.

1. paint is peeling off the inside of the refrigerator and freezer walls. I have always heard the inside of the fridge tells you how well the RV was maintained.

2. The air vents have black dust on them, it looks like the vents were wiped down, but if you look inside them you can see the dust and if you flip or rotate the vents to where they were not wiped you can see the dust. (might be mold?)

3. The speaker covers in the ceiling of the main living area show signs of rust. The paint on them is bubbling slightly and will flake off.

Thoughts? 2&3 lead me to believe there might have been moisture in the ceiling but there is no other signs. No water marks on walls or wood.

Is there such thing as an independent RV inspection?
How can I test the dust to see if it is mold?

Thanks
3 REPLIES 3

Dtaylor
Explorer
Explorer
gbopp wrote:
Welcome to the forum.

Yes, you can get it inspected. Check for a mobile RV tech, or even contact a dealer. They should be able to help you with your inspection.
I would go with the mobile RV tech if possible. A dealer will try to sell you a new RV. 😉

This what I would do before purchasing ANY used RV
Our Travel Blog

2018 Premier 29RKPR
2014 Ford F-150

wannavolunteerF
Explorer
Explorer
Lowes sells a mold test kit, but I am not sure if it would work for what you have in mind.. I think it has to stay in place a couple of days. there are lots of companies that test and do abatement. Maybe you can find one that would test for you.
2015 FR Georgetown 378TS

gbopp
Explorer
Explorer
Welcome to the forum.

Yes, you can get it inspected. Check for a mobile RV tech, or even contact a dealer. They should be able to help you with your inspection.
I would go with the mobile RV tech if possible. A dealer will try to sell you a new RV. 😉