Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Should I buy??

Sborish
Explorer
Explorer
Hello RV Enthusiats,

My wife and I have been contemplating buying a rv for a couple of years now. We’ve been renting about twice a year costing upwards of $1500 each time.

Low and behold someone in our neighborhood is selling theirs! It is a 1984 Itasca Sunflyer 22’. Perfect size for us. I think they will sell it to us for $6500?

I know the underlying concerns are many. This family has a very nice house, they take great care of their cars and the RV is immaculate with only 33,000 miles. The husband is a former mechanic and holds an important job with a public school district. Of course we do not want to spend a bunch of money on an rv and the styling and condition of this rv really appeals to us.

Curious is anyone has experience with this rv and may have any info on red flags before we make the purchase.

NOTE: Did you see the "Announcement : ★★READ BEFORE POSTING HERE★★" located at the top of this forum?
    "Forum Posting Help and Support is reserved for questions on how to post in the forums, signature and photo testing, reporting website or member account issues. Please avoid using Forum Posting Help and Support for RV related questions, as doing so can delay responses to your thread. Instead, create future threads in the RV FORUM which corresponds to the subject of your topic. Thank-you!"
19 REPLIES 19

camperdave
Explorer
Explorer
I see you are in southern California. Price may not be that out of line lol.
2004 Fleetwood Tioga 29v

Walaby
Explorer II
Explorer II
No.. you shouldn't buy.

Red Flag??? Price for sure is one.

Not sure that him holding an 'important job' in the school district is a criteria for why buy the RV.. maybe as opposed to an unimportant job?

Bottom line - 34 year old RV wouldn't be worth $6500 regardless of condition.

Stand by for this post to be moved. Posting in Forum Help is for how to use the forum, or forum issues.

Mike
Im Mike Willoughby, and I approve this message.
2017 Ram 3500 CTD (aka FRAM)
2019 GrandDesign Reflection 367BHS

ScottG
Nomad
Nomad
That's a crazy amount for a rig that old. I'd go maybe $2K max and it better be perfect for that.

2oldman
Explorer
Explorer
Lo and behold I think $6500 is outrageous for a 34 year old coach.
"If I'm wearing long pants, I'm too far north" - 2oldman