cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Slides, whole wall or 2 smaller?

NHwanderlust
Explorer
Explorer
For a class A or C what's your opinion on slide size. We have seen some in which virtually the whole wall slides out and some where you might have 2 or even 3 slides on the same coach wall. The whole wall slide opens things up beautifully but I question that much mass going out. Smaller slides I would think would be better from a weight and moving mass point of view but 2 or 3 times the amount of things that can go wrong. Has your experience shown any difference, or is it just get what works for you?
4 REPLIES 4

Oldcow
Explorer
Explorer
We have a 20' slide on our 3 year old TT. We love the floor plan but I always wonder if it will cause problems at some point. I lube the tracks twice a year, it does click when being brought in (clutch mechanism \i assume to protect the motor) but its fine to date.

Outback
2013 Outback 300RB TT
2010 Tundra

2gypsies1
Explorer
Explorer
We also had a long super slide for the living room/dining area and one in the bedroom. No problems with them. However, I don't think that's what you're asking about.

Ourselves, we would be leery having a slide going the full length of the RV. That is a lot of weight and it couldn't be off an inch at one end for it to jam up.

They do seem to sell though so perhaps I'm wrong. Good luck!
Full-Timed for 16 Years
.... Back in S&B Again
Traveled 8 yr in a 40' 2004 Newmar Dutch Star Motorhome
& 8 yr in a 33' Travel Supreme 5th Wheel

Dutch_12078
Explorer
Explorer
Another 14' super slide here and we love it. The only problem we've had with the slide was a switch that was getting stiff to operate. A $12 replacement and it was good as new.
Dutch
2001 GBM Landau 34' Class A
F53 chassis, Triton V10, TST TPMS
Bigfoot Automatic Leveling System
2011 Toyota RAV4 4WD/Remco pump
ReadyBrute Elite tow bar/Blue Ox baseplate

the_bear_II
Explorer
Explorer
Our living room slide out is 14ft long and 4ft deep. Our RV is 22 years old and we have never had a problem with the slide out except one wire nut came loose about 5 years ago. Quick fix and slide was back in action.

One Thanksgiving dinner we had 8 people sitting in that slide. 4 at the dining table and 4 on the couch.

If it's built right the super slide is the way to go.