cancel
Showing results forย 
Search instead forย 
Did you mean:ย 

tv

njtony
Explorer
Explorer
On both my t.v.s on one channel only I have snow.I am on a cable system and have checked other campers tv. They have a clear channel. All my other channels are perfect. Have turned off heaters. Any suggestions?
9 REPLIES 9

wbwood
Explorer
Explorer
dwayneb236 wrote:
Not sure I understand about the booster being checked. Wouldn't none of the channels be working if the booster was on. He's saying all channels work great other than one. Seems like that's not a booster issue since no other channels are affected.

That's what I am understanding as well...
Brian
2013 Thor Chateau 31L

dwayneb236
Explorer
Explorer
Not sure I understand about the booster being checked. Wouldn't none of the channels be working if the booster was on. He's saying all channels work great other than one. Seems like that's not a booster issue since no other channels are affected.
2016 Ford F350 XLT DRW 6.7 SuperCrew 4X4 8 Ft Box
2016 Brookstone 395RL

Effy
Explorer
Explorer
njtony wrote:
On a cable system. Other campers tv are ok. Have tried rebooking tv same thing. Un pluged anything pu
Plugged in.no luck. It's a local channel. Its weird that only one channel is effected. Guess I just live with it. Thanks to all.

Have you tried what several people have told you to do - turn off the antenna booster?
2013 ACE 29.2

wbwood
Explorer
Explorer
It could be something to do with that site. Have enough cable to run to another sites cable connection? If so, ask a neighbor to see if you can try it for a couple minutes. At least that way, you will know if it's your site or your rig.
Brian
2013 Thor Chateau 31L

njtony
Explorer
Explorer
On a cable system. Other campers tv are ok. Have tried rebooking tv same thing. Un pluged anything pu
Plugged in.no luck. It's a local channel. Its weird that only one channel is effected. Guess I just live with it. Thanks to all.

Lynnmor
Explorer
Explorer
djgarcia wrote:
wildtoad wrote:
Turn off tv antenna booster and then rescan for channels. The booster interferes with cable. I assume you have set the tv to cable and not antenna.

X2, TV booster blocks reception when you are hooked up to cable.

To be more precise, the little switch not only turns the power on to the amplifier it switches between the cable and antenna inputs. In other words, the cable input is disconnected in the on position.

wa8yxm
Explorer III
Explorer III
If it is only one channel and only that channel, is it possible the other campers are not watching that channel?

Sometimes on cable TV there are channels your TV will scan, but can not "Decode" or to be more precise de-encrypt. These are premimum channels and you need to pay to play that programming.
Home was where I park it. but alas the.
2005 Damon Intruder 377 Alas declared a total loss
after a semi "nicked" it. Still have the radios
Kenwood TS-2000, ICOM ID-5100, ID-51A+2, ID-880 REF030C most times

MarkTwain
Explorer
Explorer
wildtoad wrote:
Turn off tv antenna booster and then rescan for channels. The booster interferes with cable. I assume you have set the tv to cable and not antenna.

X2, TV booster blocks reception when you are hooked up to cable.

wildtoad
Explorer II
Explorer II
Tom Wilds
Blythewood, SC
2016 Newmar Baystar Sport 3004
2015 Jeep Wrangler 2dr HT