cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Watching these videos could save your life!

My_Roadtrek
Explorer
Explorer
Anyone who drives an RV should have to watch these videos.

RV Tire Information Videos.
http://www.michelinrvtires.com/tires/tires-101/tire-maintenance-and-safety/how-to-handle-a-blowout/
They are about 20 minutes long, so if you have a dial up it may take quite a while. You can request a copy of the video to be sent to you.
190 REPLIES 190

Mike__Rose
Explorer
Explorer
:)Thanks I learned something new.
See you on the road!

maanpaontheroad
Explorer
Explorer
Here Iam 64 and just now discovered the correct way to handle rapid air lose in tire. Well worth waiting for the download. Thanks Rodger for the information.
2007 Suncruiser 38T
2004 Rubicon
FMCA F394282
:R

My_Roadtrek
Explorer
Explorer
Glad the videos helped, and that you survived the blowout without any damage to you, or the RV. :B

wawa24
Explorer
Explorer
i WANT TO THANK YOU SO MUCH
i WATCHED THE VIDEO AND JUST HAD ABLOWOUT LAST WEEK IN THE MOUTAINS OF VIRGINA AFTER WATCHING THE VIDEO I KNEW WHAT TO DO SOOOOO THANK YOU SO MUCH

gypsyladyabc
Explorer
Explorer
Where do you buy an infrared thermometer - BTW??? Thanks!

Rampowered
Explorer
Explorer
I haven't received my video's yet, but would like to ask you more experienced drivers what action you would take for the following three questions.

1. While using cruise control and having a blow out, what action should you take; Step on the gas and then turn off the cruise control?

2. I'd also like to learn about the "best" tire pressure gauge. Price doesn't always ensure the best product. Is there a brand name one should acquire?

3. If you check tire pressure when cold, what increase in pressure is acceptable after driving and checking pressure again?

Thanks in advance.
David

linder60
Explorer
Explorer
We are getting our first ever rv, a 1999 class c 29' delivered by Monday, and I've been reading these great forums for awhile.
Now that we are getting one, I figured it was time to jump in and post and really learn.
My husband and I watched these videos and they were great for newbies like us!

Thank you and have a nice day,
Linda
1999 Shasta Cheyenne 29' Class C

jakethomp
Explorer
Explorer
Hello and thanks much for these videos,
We're new to RVing, and are just in the process of acquiring and refreshing a 1981 27' Revcon with front wheel drive. I'm wondering if the same advice applies to front wheel drive--though I'm 99 percent sure it would. Any comments? Thanks again.
Jesse

Scooter117
Explorer
Explorer
Good stuff - thanks!
2007 Chevrolet Silverado 1500
Husky Sway Control
2007 Fleetwood Niagra

rak
Explorer
Explorer
rodger, Roger
Roger and Marg
Bigfoot 30MH29SL - Killintime

EmergencyOP
Explorer
Explorer
Great videos. Just a thought that I would like to express. Check your tire inflation frequently, and not just with a 99 cent pressure guage. Get a real pressure guage, which can be purchased at just about any tire store. Next, carry a spare. Yes, I realize the dealer tells you that you don't need one or that you don't have room for one. But spend many hours on the side of the road waiting for your road service to find you a tire, and I guarantee you will find a place to put a spare.

FLNOMAD
Explorer
Explorer
Roger, I'm a newbie, just purchased a 2001 30ft Minnie Winnie and the tire video was well worth the time. My Minnie has 27500 miles on it and the tires WERE 5 years old. I said were! Checked them out and purchased 6 new tires today. Now I have piece of mind, thanks to you.
2001 Minnie Winnie
1999 Honda Valyrie Interstate

windsongs
Explorer
Explorer
Now I would have thought braking slowly would help but boy was I wrong. Now I feel much better on how this will be handled if necessary.
Bob and Lorrie
There is something to be said for camping...my bones and muscles were screaming!
Love the comfort now! :Z

messanger
Explorer
Explorer
I heard a guy talking about beginning RVing on a radio talk show on the internet. I beleive it was rvbroadcasting.com. They were talking about Tom Selleck and his commercials. They also were playing oldies. I like the fact that a lot of websites offer tips. I try to read as many of those as I can. We watch the Videos too. I had to watch the part about winterizing about ten times before I got it.

jjhamick
Explorer
Explorer
These are two excellent videos. A few years ago I was lucky enough to attend the Chippewa Valley Tech School driving course for semi drivers. We did not train on blow out but did drive on skid pads. No matter how old you get you can never learn to much about the operation of a motor vehicle. Just imagine what improperly inflated tires, unbalanced loads and a blow out would do. Thanks for the education.
John, Connie and Miles!
1998 Winnebago Adventurer
1999 Ford V10 chasis
2004 Jeep Liberty

"Get your facts first, and then
you can distort them as much as
you please."
-MARK TWAIN-