cancel
Showing results forย 
Search instead forย 
Did you mean:ย 

Water Front Property

Boon_Docker
Explorer II
Explorer II
If you like camping right beside a river, here is a campground that would wok for you.

Photo taken 10 mins from home on Thursday June 16.
10 REPLIES 10

04fxsts
Explorer
Explorer
NamMedevac 70 wrote:
Keep close eye on wx forecast when camping by a river or creek. Think Yellowstone.
100 year floods are now common. Need to change their outdated risk assessment maps. Have fun

The first camping trip my wife and I took was back in the mid 1990's where we drove down an old farm road along a small local river. Pitched our little tent on a nice sandbar had supper and the wife hit the bed. Absolutely beautiful day not too hot and no sign of rain. I was sitting in a lawn chair on the sandbar fishing and when I reached down to get some more bait the bait box was floating. Woke up wife and packed up and headed home with the sandbar sinking into the river. Got home and checked the weather and a thunderstorm miles upstream dumped a bunch of rain. Went out the next morning and you could tell the sandbar had been covered by at least several inches of water. Good thing I stayed up to fish or we probably would have woke up in a tent with water running through it. Jim.

NamMedevac_70
Explorer II
Explorer II
Keep close eye on wx forecast when camping by a river or creek. Think Yellowstone.
100 year floods are now common. Need to change their outdated risk assessment maps. Have fun

Boon_Docker
Explorer II
Explorer II
That is terrible flooding down there.

Crowe
Explorer
Explorer
I see Yellowstone might be closed for the year.

All but the north entrance and north area are opening 6/22.

I may not have gone where I intended to go, but I think I have ended up where I needed to be

Douglas Adams

[purple]RV-less for now but our spirits are still on the open road. [/purple]

Boon_Docker
Explorer II
Explorer II
Lwiddis wrote:
Is that river stocked with fish?

Yes it is stocked with rainbow trout and also has natural Rocky Mountain White Fish and Brown Trout.
That river through the summer is usually about 10-12 inches deep. On Thursday it was about 4 feet deep and overflowed it's bank.

Lwiddis
Explorer II
Explorer II
Is that river stocked with fish?
Winnebago 2101DS TT & 2022 Chevy Silverado 1500 LTZ Z71, WindyNation 300 watt solar-Lossigy 200 AH Lithium battery. Prefer boondocking, USFS, COE, BLM, NPS, TVA, state camps. Bicyclist. 14 yr. Army -11B40 then 11A - (MOS 1542 & 1560) IOBC & IOAC grad

ferndaleflyer
Explorer III
Explorer III
I have an acre on a large creek (small river) in WV with water, septic system, and available electric I would like to sell. 12mi from Ohio river. I had a small house there but it is being removed because I let it get in bad shape because I didn't use it for years.

04fxsts
Explorer
Explorer
We were lucky and found about three acres on a river in 2017. It was set up with electrical for a 30 amp camper of the former owner. That spring 2018 we had the biggest flood since 1994 and every inch of the property was under water. That summer I built wooden steps down the river bank to the lower beach, secured to a big tree with a cable. Every year it floods high enough to move the steps up onto the higher bank and I move them back in the spring. It is a bit of work but usually only once a year and the place is worth the trouble. Jim.

Bumpyroad
Explorer
Explorer
I see Yellowstone might be closed for the year.
bumpy

wa8yxm
Explorer III
Explorer III
My Brother once had a "Waterfront property" AS A river ran at the rear property line... Till it rained.. Then it was a water front, rear, side, other side, only the built up graveled drive was above water.
Home was where I park it. but alas the.
2005 Damon Intruder 377 Alas declared a total loss
after a semi "nicked" it. Still have the radios
Kenwood TS-2000, ICOM ID-5100, ID-51A+2, ID-880 REF030C most times