cancel
Showing results forย 
Search instead forย 
Did you mean:ย 

Water pressure in new fifth wheel

Ljm352
Explorer
Explorer
I just recently bought a 2006 Alfa see ya fifth wheel I don't have much water pressure in the kitchen or the bathroom the shower seems to be fine but every now and then the water pressure dies out I have let all the air out of the lines and tried many different things from other campers does anyone else know any tricks. thank you!
18 REPLIES 18

Allworth
Explorer II
Explorer II
Watts, Valtera, and Sea Tech regulators are all available from Amazon (free shipping with Prime).
Formerly posting as "littleblackdog"
Martha, Allen, & Blackjack
2006 Chevy 3500 D/A LB SRW, RVND 7710
Previously: 2008 Titanium 30E35SA. Currently no trailer due to age & mobility problems. Very sad!
"Real Jeeps have round headlights"

Bobbo
Explorer II
Explorer II
Ljm352 wrote:
I took off the pressure regulator and now I have great pressure and it doesn't seem to be to much on the water lines. Should that be okay?

There is your answer. A cheapo pressure regulator. Get a good one. The WATTS recommended above is excellent! Highly recommended.
Bobbo and Lin
2017 F-150 XLT 4x4 SuperCab w/Max Tow Package 3.5l EcoBoost V6
2017 Airstream Flying Cloud 23FB

et2
Explorer
Explorer
Read this,

http://www.rvwaterfilterstore.com/ABPressure.htm

Buy these - 263ALF - $89.00

http://www.rvwaterfilterstore.com/PressureRegulators.htm

Solved our problem. Also as other mentioned check screens, check for leaks - and one thing not mentioned is if you have a water mixer on the hot water tank it could cause problems if bad. Had that problem too.

wbwood
Explorer
Explorer
Ljm352 wrote:
I took off the pressure regulator and now I have great pressure and it doesn't seem to be to much on the water lines. Should that be okay?

\
Depends, hopefully you do not receive a surge of water. I would definitely not go without a regulator or some way of checking the water pressure.
Brian
2013 Thor Chateau 31L

Ljm352
Explorer
Explorer

Ljm352
Explorer
Explorer
I have a water pressure reducer where my hose connects to the camper. It keeps it between 35-45 psi

Old-Biscuit
Explorer III
Explorer III
CG water source strong.........weak pressure inside rv.

First place to check.......screen washer at hose connection.
Is it time for your medication or mine?

2007 DODGE 3500 QC SRW 5.9L CTD In-Bed 'quiet gen'
2007 HitchHiker II 32.5 UKTG 2000W Xantex Inverter
US NAVY------USS Decatur DDG31

nomad297
Explorer
Explorer
Are you using one of those cheap pressure reducers at your water hookup?

Bruce
2010 Skyline Nomad 297 Bunk House, 33-1/4 feet long
2015 Silverado 3500HD LTZ 4x4, 6.0 liter long bed with 4.10 rear, 3885# payload
Reese Straight-Line 1200# WD with built-in sway control
DirecTV -- SWM Slimline dish on tripod, DVR and two H25 receivers

kayakcrazy
Explorer
Explorer
Our last trailer had a small plastic insert in the tap that reduced the water pressure down from the size of the tubing to a hole the size of a pencil lead. It looked like a miniature Charlie Chaplin hat with a hole in the middle. I removed it and had plenty of pressure.

wbwood
Explorer
Explorer
If the previous owner didn't use a water filter from the campground water to the rig, then you might could have some sediment in there, depending on the water source (well type). Sediment can get in and clog up stuff and damage things. My neighbor loss a clothes washer after about a year or two of moving in. We loss one after about 4 years. We are both on well and didn't realize the need for a whole filter. We didn't know about their predicament until after we had ours and mentioned it to them.
Brian
2013 Thor Chateau 31L

ReneeG
Explorer
Explorer
Ron3rd wrote:
Faucet strainers are the first thing to check. Remove them and I'll bet you'll find them clogged with rocks.

Spot on. I too had low pressure in my kitchen sink. I unscrewed the tip, removed the filter and found minute particles of dirt. Rinsed, replaced and voila!
2011 Bighorn 3055RL, 2011 F350 DRW 6.7L 4x4 Diesel Lariat and Hensley TrailerSaver BD3, 1992 Jeep ZJ and 1978 Coleman Concord Pop-Up for remote camping
Dave & Renee plus (Champ, Molly, Paris, Missy, and Maggie in spirit), Mica, Mabel, and Melton

Ljm352
Explorer
Explorer
Okay great I'll check that thank you!

Ron3rd
Explorer
Explorer
Faucet strainers are the first thing to check. Remove them and I'll bet you'll find them clogged with rocks.
2016 6.7 CTD 2500 BIG HORN MEGA CAB
2013 Forest River 3001W Windjammer
Equilizer Hitch
Honda EU2000

"I have this plan to live forever; so far my plan is working"

Ljm352
Explorer
Explorer
Okay and what about a filter? Is there a hidden one somewhere I need to change ?