cancel
Showing results forย 
Search instead forย 
Did you mean:ย 

which size drinking water hose?

jayflight116
Explorer
Explorer
Got my new trailer now accessorizing. 1/2" or 5/8" water hose? which would you recommend? will it make much difference one from the other? thanks in advance.
29 REPLIES 29

Second_Chance
Explorer II
Explorer II
enblethen wrote:
5/8 inch drinking water rated. Get a good quality one with cast style fittings.
Camco Water hose

This is a good, strong hose - but is so stiff, it's almost impossible to work with if the temp is below 80 F... and even then it's not easy.

Rob
U.S. Army retired
2020 Solitude 310GK-R
MORryde IS, disc brakes, solar, DP windows
(Previously in a Reflection 337RLS)
2012 F350 CC DRW Lariat 6.7
Full-time since 8/2015

opnspaces
Navigator
Navigator
I use a white 1/2 inch hose.
2001 Suburban 4x4. 6.0L, 4.10 3/4 ton **** 2005 Jayco Jay Flight 27BH **** 1986 Coleman Columbia Popup

kellem
Explorer
Explorer
I don't worry much about what brand of hose or whether it's " drinking water safe ".
Never drank RV water.

Grit_dog
Nomad III
Nomad III
I keep 2 of the same looking hoses. Just to freak people out when they see the "same hose" hooked to the water spigot one minute and draining a tank the next!
2016 Ram 2500, MotorOps.ca EFIlive tuned, 5โ€ turbo back, 6" lift on 37s
2017 Heartland Torque T29 - Sold.
Couple of Arctic Fox TCs - Sold

Grit_dog
Nomad III
Nomad III
Really depends if you want to brag to your camping neighbor about the size of your hose, or if you just want water to the camper...lol
2016 Ram 2500, MotorOps.ca EFIlive tuned, 5โ€ turbo back, 6" lift on 37s
2017 Heartland Torque T29 - Sold.
Couple of Arctic Fox TCs - Sold

Mike134
Explorer
Explorer
Doesn't matter unless you have 3 bathrooms and everyone showers at once.
2019 F150 4X4 1903 payload
2018 Adventurer 21RBS 7700 GVWR.

schlep1967
Explorer III
Explorer III
pianotuna wrote:
Hi,

I believe mine are 5/8.

schlep1967 wrote:
Will not make any difference. Every water source in the RV most likely feeds through a 3/8 inch line. Two 3/8 inch lines are less than a single 1/2 inch line. So unless you need to take a shower and wash dishes at the same time, 1/2 inch is all you need.

At home in the sticks and bricks world you only have two places in the home that feed through 1/2 inch lines. The tub and the washing machine. Every thing else feeds through a 3/8 inch or less supply line.

Your main lines running through the camper are most likely 1/2 inch. When they feed into your faucets they go down to 3/8 inch.
2021 Chevy Silverado LTZ 3500 Diesel
2022 Montana Legacy 3931FB
Pull-Rite Super Glide 4500

ppine
Explorer II
Explorer II
Having a pressure limiting device is much more important than what sized hose.

navigator2346
Explorer
Explorer
A 1/2 inch hose will be easier to handle

pianotuna
Nomad II
Nomad II
Hi,

I believe mine are 5/8.

schlep1967 wrote:
Will not make any difference. Every water source in the RV most likely feeds through a 3/8 inch line. Two 3/8 inch lines are less than a single 1/2 inch line. So unless you need to take a shower and wash dishes at the same time, 1/2 inch is all you need.

At home in the sticks and bricks world you only have two places in the home that feed through 1/2 inch lines. The tub and the washing machine. Every thing else feeds through a 3/8 inch or less supply line.
Regards, Don
My ride is a 28 foot Class C, 256 watts solar, 556 amp-hours of Telcom jars, 3000 watt Magnum hybrid inverter, Sola Basic Autoformer, Microair Easy Start.

Ed_Gee
Explorer
Explorer
jayflight116 wrote:
Got my new trailer now accessorizing. 1/2" or 5/8" water hose? which would you recommend? will it make much difference one from the other? thanks in advance.

If you want the best.....easiest to handle and rolls up super easy, Get this -
Zero G water hose
Ed - on the Central Oregon coast
2018 Winnebago Fuse 23A
Scion xA toad

enblethen
Nomad
Nomad
5/8 inch drinking water rated. Get a good quality one with cast style fittings.
Camco Water hose

Bud
USAF Retired
Pace Arrow

2003 Chev Ice Road Tracker

schlep1967
Explorer III
Explorer III

2021 Chevy Silverado LTZ 3500 Diesel
2022 Montana Legacy 3931FB
Pull-Rite Super Glide 4500

Lwiddis
Explorer
Explorer
Either one but I recommend filling your tank and using the pump. Pressurized RV water lines can cause a disaster.
Winnebago 2101DS TT & 2022 Chevy Silverado 1500 LTZ Z71, WindyNation 300 watt solar-Lossigy 200 AH Lithium battery. Prefer boondocking, USFS, COE, BLM, NPS, TVA, state camps. Bicyclist. 14 yr. Army -11B40 then 11A - (MOS 1542 & 1560) IOBC & IOAC grad

wanderingbob
Explorer II
Explorer II
Will not make a lot of difference , go for 5/8 .