cancel
Showing results forย 
Search instead forย 
Did you mean:ย 

1993 Jayco Designer Series Pop Up - Shoul I buy?

PSU1999
Explorer
Explorer
I'm not in the market for a pop up but I saw this on Craigslist an it was near enough to me at work that I went and took a look. The price is low enough that I can pay out of pocket but it needs a lot of work. I would only be buying as a project but I feel like I can't resist. I remember as a child seeing this Pup at the lake and thinking how awesome it would be to have one that large with overhead cabinets, a/c an a bathroom. This was before those things were more widely seen in pop ups. This one is a 25th anniversary addition with extra graphics, the Jayco logo embossed on the floor insie the step, and the dual axles which is really neat for a pop up. Is it crazy to have a pop up along with a travel trailer that we already have? I think I might use it for short weekend trips.
Me - PSU 1999
Wife - Also PSU 1999
Daughter - Hopefully PSU 2026
Daughter - Hopefully PSU 2029
Twin Daughters - Hopefully PSU 2033
2015 Keystone Summerland 2980 BH TT
2007 Chevy Suburban TV
4 REPLIES 4

bikendan
Explorer
Explorer
i think you'd have been better off posting your question in the Folding Trailer Forum here.
Dan- Firefighter, Retired:C, Shawn- Musician/Entrepreneur:W, Zoe- Faithful Golden Retriever(RIP:(), 2014 Ford F150 3.5 EcoboostMax Tow pkg, 2016 PrimeTime TracerAIR 255 w/4pt Equalizer and 5 Mtn. bikes and 2 Road bikes

rfryer
Explorer
Explorer
PSU1999 wrote:
Is it crazy to have a pop up along with a travel trailer that we already have?

Not at all. I had both for years. The PU was mostly used on hunting trips, but we also used it for short runs up in the mountains. I finally gave it to a son but the DW has remarked more than once she wished we still had it for the short trips, it had more of a camping feel.

6_7_tow_rig
Explorer
Explorer
I say do it. Not the same thing but I couldnt resist an old Jeep CJ-7 that I bought as a project. No I didnt need it but I had always admired them and when I found one cheap I got it. Now we use it to run around the city and leave the truck in the garage.
2018 Dodge Ram 2500 Laramie Cummins 4x4
2013 Primetime Lacrosse 318bhs

cpmath
Explorer
Explorer
Nope, if the price is right go for it.