cancel
Showing results forย 
Search instead forย 
Did you mean:ย 

2 -6 volts or 4?

ivbinconned
Explorer II
Explorer II
Going to head south in a couple days. In the past I have used 4 six volt batteries and I have four. We will be doing some bonndocking.
We have a 2000 gen as well.
Of course itโ€™s extra weight.
Go with just two or use all four. What would determine your decision?
Ram and 34 ft Cedar Creek
17 REPLIES 17

camperdave
Explorer
Explorer
My decision would be based on how I feel about running the generator. Dual 6's will get me through a night, but I'll probably need the generator the next day if it's real cold. With twice the capacity i could go two nights.

In the desert with no neighbors? run the genny. In a campground? I'd rather have the extra capacity.
2004 Fleetwood Tioga 29v

Matt_Colie
Explorer
Explorer
I might be more than happy to offer an opinion, but you have left out a lot of vital information as wizard pointed out.

Please fill us in a little and you might get more valuable responses.

Our RV has never had more than a pair of golf cart batteries and we have never been short of power for a single overnight.

Matt
Matt & Mary Colie
A sailor, his bride and their black dogs (one dear dog is waiting for us at the bridge) going to see some dry places that have Geocaches in a coach made the year we married.

theoldwizard1
Explorer
Explorer
How much boondocking do you do ? Just over night ? Two nights ? Longer ? What options do you have if any for recharging your batteries ?

What kind of loads do you run while boondocking ?

If it is just overnight and you are not running anything more than a TV for a couple of hours, two 6V golf cart are adequate assuming you have a way of charging them BEFORE another boondock night !