cancel
Showing results forย 
Search instead forย 
Did you mean:ย 

2008 Highlander

Soopysails
Explorer
Explorer
I just entered the fulltimer world. I have a 2002 Tiffin Allegro Bus with a 350 Cummins Engine. I have a 2008 Toyota Highlander which I have outfitted over the years to carry kayaks on top and bikes on back. I would like to tow the Highlander all four on the ground - is this possible? Or, am I better off getting rid of this car and getting a used jeep?
3 REPLIES 3

Bumpyroad
Explorer
Explorer
I'm sure somebody can post a link to the trailer life towing guides. a good place to start but whatever you read or whatever you hear, read the owner's manual under towing behind a motorhome or recreational towing to confirm it.
bumpy

Soopysails
Explorer
Explorer
Thanks very much for your reply - yes, it is an automatic. While I am open to considering a Jeep, I've never been impressed with the ride and I keep hearing they are "maintenance nightmares". Where would I find a list of non-jeep options?

Bumpyroad
Explorer
Explorer
I assume it is automatic transmission. AFAIK, no auto toyota is towable 4 down. buy a vehicle especially approved for doing this and don't try to adapt one. there are non-jeep options available.
bumpy