cancel
Showing results forย 
Search instead forย 
Did you mean:ย 

2009 Saturn Vue Transmission Issues.

Yellowboat_
Explorer
Explorer
Just got my 2009 Saturn Vue back from the shop today.

We broke down in LA this past spring. Transmission wave plate issue. Even though our vehicle is eight years old the wave plate issue was covered under a ten year extended warranty.

Then I was getting transmission engine warning light codes. I paid to replace the transmission speed sensor and while they were already working on the transmission they replaced the transmission computer chip.

Shortly after the new speed sensor the transmission started making a grinding noise. Back to the Chevy dealer we went. Turned out to be the gears this time. Their report said that the input and output was fused together

Now comes the surprise. The service rep was able to get Chevy to foot the entire bill for a tranny rebuild. I suspect it is because when they replaced the wave plates they also found a gear with chipped teeth.

For whatever reason I'm very happy with Chevy.

Safe travels
2016 Winnebago Sightseer 33C on a 2016 Ford F53 Chassis
2009 Saturn VUE
Buddy our Bichon Frise
JD & Kathy
2 REPLIES 2

esyers
Explorer
Explorer
They certainly didn't stand behind my Ion when the transmission failed on the same day the warranty expired. They told me I needed to have the car to a dealer before that day, not within 48 hours as I did.

Glad you did better.

SidecarFlip
Explorer III
Explorer III
Actually called a flex plate. Nice that GM is standing behind it in as much as Saturn is defunct.
2015 Backpack SS1500
1997 Ford 7.3 OBS 4x4 CC LB