cancel
Showing results forย 
Search instead forย 
Did you mean:ย 

2015 Honda CRV

DogPatch
Explorer
Explorer
Looks like the new 2015 Honda CRV will have the CVT transmission. Does that mean that Honda will not have any vehicle that can be towed 4 down?

More information early next week ...

Joe Paynter
2011 DSDP 4086
2006 Honda CRV
Complete with Wife (co pilot)
Lord Stanley -- and Lord Thurston the Boston Terrier Puppies
FMCA 331207
4 REPLIES 4

Pangaea_Ron
Explorer
Explorer
My 2014 CRV AWD Automatic has a transmission from Japan, engine from USA, and was assembled in Canada. It may be the last towable 4 down from Honda.
2008 Itasca SunCruiser 35L
2014 Honda AWD CR-V EX-L

dicknellen
Explorer II
Explorer II
I think the Fit comes standard with manual trans. That may still be towable, we need to wait and see what the owners manual says on the CR-V & Fit. Dick

lryrob9301
Explorer
Explorer
MRUSA wrote:
Looks that way to me. Is this the last auto transmission import that can be towed four-down ? Are there none left but domestic models?

After 2014 NO Honda will be 4 Down towable, the Fit also has a CVT transmission for 2015.

I read a post in another forum that SOME of the 2015 CRV's built in the USA might still have a conventional automatic transmission. However my contact at Honda of America could not verify it. Possibly the early production units.

So that's the last of any automatic transmission "IMPORT" vehicles that would be 4 Down towable.

MRUSA
Explorer
Explorer
Looks that way to me. Is this the last auto transmission import that can be towed four-down ? Are there none left but domestic models?
Marc, Wellington FL
2013 Entegra Anthem 44SL
2018 Lincoln MKX toad
EEZ-RV tire pressure monitor