Showing results forย 
Search instead forย 
Did you mean:ย 

72 days 9 hours 21 minutes...

lushy
Explorer
Explorer
72 days 9 hours 21 minutes...

...until SPRING! ๐Ÿ˜ž It's cold out there. A bone-chilling day in my neck of the woods (Indiana). 3*F with wind chills of -20*F.

Can't wait for camping season.
2011 Jayco Jay Feather Select 29L, Blue Ox Sway Pro
2007.5 Chevy Silverado 2500HD 6.6L Duramax Diesel, Air Lift
17 REPLIES 17

Caveman_Charlie
Explorer
Explorer
Little Kopit wrote:
Get out there and enjoy the winter. Like me you are blessed with having a multi-season climate.

Love the crunch crunch crunch sound of well packed snow under my feet as I walk a much used (but not so much used that some have gotten rid of the snow) trail.

Take your camera and open your eyes to place which look so stunning with snow.

:W

To each his own. But, they called school off today because it's so cold. I'll post todays weather warnings from my area below this. I'm going to stay in the house today and shiver .

...WINTER WEATHER ADVISORY REMAINS IN EFFECT FROM NOON TODAY TO
3 AM CST FRIDAY...
...WIND CHILL ADVISORY REMAINS IN EFFECT FROM 3 AM TO NOON CST
FRIDAY...

* TIMING...STRONG NORTHWEST WINDS THIS AFTERNOON INTO TONIGHT...
DECREASING EARLY FRIDAY MORNING.

* WIND AND VISIBILITY...NORTHWEST WINDS 30 TO 35 MPH WITH GUSTS OF
45 TO 50 MPH BY NOON. VISIBILITY A HALF MILE OR LESS AT TIMES
DUE TO BLOWING SNOW FROM EXISTING SNOW COVER. LOWEST VISIBILITY
WILL OCCUR IN OPEN AREAS...WHILE VISIBILITY IN TOWNS AND OTHER
SHELTERED AREAS MAY OFTEN BE MUCH GREATER. SIGNIFICANT DRIFTING
SNOW WILL ALSO MAKE TRAVEL DIFFICULT.

* WIND CHILL VALUES...WARMER READINGS IN THE SINGLE DIGITS BELOW
ZERO ARE EXPECTED TODAY. WIND CHILL VALUES WILL FALL BACK INTO
THE 20 BELOW TO 35 BELOW ZERO RANGE LATE THIS EVENING THROUGH
FRIDAY MORNING.
1993 Cobra Sunrise, 20 foot Travel Trailer.

tahiti16
Explorer
Explorer
Well hope it isn't hotter in the spring! 83 Monday new record, 81 tue tied record and "only" 75 today. However by Friday high is supposed to be 58-64!

Crazy weather.
Ray, Cheryl & of course Miss Molly the four-legged child

2006 Dolphin 36' F53 V10 5 speed auto 2 slides 7.5 KW genset

Little_Kopit
Explorer
Explorer
Get out there and enjoy the winter. Like me you are blessed with having a multi-season climate.

Love the crunch crunch crunch sound of well packed snow under my feet as I walk a much used (but not so much used that some have gotten rid of the snow) trail.

Take your camera and open your eyes to place which look so stunning with snow.

:W
& I, I took the road less travelled by.

My Photo Album, featuring Labrador 2006

TechWriter
Explorer
Explorer
mileshuff wrote:
I love living in Arizona with 365 days of camping season! Elevation varies from near sea level to over 9,000' so there is always camping areas at the perfect climate somewhere in AZ year round.

Ditto. Winter on the plains. Summer in the mountains.

Current Lake Havasu City temp is 73 degrees.
2004 - 2010 Part Timer (35โ€™ 2004 National RV Sea Breeze 8341 - Workhorse)
2010 - 2021 Full Timer (41โ€™ 2001 Newmar Mountain Aire 4095 DP - Cummins)
2021 - ??? Part Timer (31โ€™ 2001 National RV Sea View 8311 - Ford)
www.rvSeniorMoments.com
DISH TV for RVs

jrnymn7
Explorer
Explorer
-23C/-9F this morning in the Kawarthas.

Veebyes
Explorer II
Explorer II
90 days here, but that counts up to the day we get on something that does 500mph & takes us 650 miles to our truck & trailer.
Boat: 32' 1996 Albin 32+2, single Cummins 315hp
40+ night per year overnighter

2007 Alpenlite 34RLR
2006 Chevy 3500 LT, CC,LB 6.6L Diesel

Ham Radio: VP9KL, IRLP node 7995

Kennedy64
Explorer
Explorer
SE Michigan here. Its a tad chilly today. Had a couple of bummed teens when they found out school was not cancelled. They are hoping for tomorrow LOL.
Mom? Well she pulls out of the garage every morning, looks at her TT and says "Come on Spring, mama wants to camp"

gbopp
Explorer
Explorer
It seems that the past few years the only thing the first day of spring means is, six more weeks of winter. Forget the groundhog. ๐Ÿ™‚

midnightsadie
Explorer II
Explorer II
rub it in, my brother inlaw calls couple times a week from tempe says its only 74 today. loves giving me the giggles.

D_E_Bishop
Explorer
Explorer
Calicajun failed to mention that todays high in the LA Basin is expected to be in the 80's, tomorrow and the rest of the week we will in the 60's which is average for January.

On edit, as far as camping; heading out for "Q" in about 10 days. It will be nice to be out as we've been refurbishing the S&B since early summer.
"I travel not to go anywhere, but to go. I travel for travel's sake. The great affair is to go". R. L. Stevenson

David Bishop
2002 Winnebago Adventurer 32V
2009 GMC Canyon
Roadmaster 5000
BrakeBuddy Classic II

Calicajun
Explorer
Explorer
Living in SoCal we have nice weather year around but if we really want cold and snow it's only a couple of hours drive it the mountains for cold and snow. ๐Ÿ™‚
2014 Heartland Wildness 2775RB, 2015 Ram 2500 4x4 Mega Cab

rhagfo
Explorer III
Explorer III
Really feel for those a of you in the Midwest and northeast!
We spent New Years on the Oregon Coast near Newport temps were high 40's to high 20's at night. This week they are seeing highs in the low 60's and lows in the low 40's. Maybe we can go again this weekend.
Russ & Paula the Beagle Belle.
2016 Ram Laramie 3500 Aisin DRW 4X4 Long bed.
2005 Copper Canyon 293 FWSLS, 32' GVWR 12,360#

"Visit and Enjoy Oregon State Parks"

mileshuff
Explorer
Explorer
I love living in Arizona with 365 days of camping season! Elevation varies from near sea level to over 9,000' so there is always camping areas at the perfect climate somewhere in AZ year round.
2014 Winnebago 26FWRKS 5th Wheel
2007.5 Dodge 2500 6.7L Diesel
2004 Dodge Durango Hemi 3.55 (Used to tow TT)

ngreen
Explorer
Explorer
Sounds like my husband's count down to retirement - but we have been on the road for years in the rv while he works so we are looking forward to staying at home for a while, see grandbabies, etc. Wonder how long before the itch to hit the road will strike.
Somewhere greener, somewhere warmer,Up in the mountains, down by the ocean,Where don't matter long as we're goin'