cancel
Showing results forย 
Search instead forย 
Did you mean:ย 

Ahhhhh...retirement

jamesu
Explorer
Explorer
We needed to head down I-5 to help our son's family yesterday and witnessed first hand the on-slot of traffic going north at a snail's pace, trying to leave Seattle for Memorial Day weekend. So thankful to be retired. All the years of being one of those working stiffs trying to leave town sure makes a guy really appreciate it.

We returned from 9 night's out east of the Mts earlier this week, and we will head out next week after Memorial Day toward the coast. It's good to be able to to stay home on a major holiday like this and watch the traffic reports on the evening news rather than to experience it first hand.
2011 Chevy 2500 Duramax diesel
2019 Timber Ridge 24RLS (Outdoors RV)
Go Cougs!
30 REPLIES 30

jamesu
Explorer
Explorer
Many, many years running a special education classroom at the MS/HS levels. I was responsibile for all aspects of each student's educational and behavioral program, for communication with parents and administrators, and for training, monitoring, and supervising several adult assistants who helped with the kids. Plenty of drama every day.

After retirement I subbed for a while until it finally hit me, "What am I doing here?" Same responsibility and liability for a fraction of the pay and no union representation.

I thank my Lord and Saviour every single morning I wake up from a good night's sleep and look out the window to another day in my retirement. My days are my own without the M-F stress. I love it. We're looking forward to the next road trip.
2011 Chevy 2500 Duramax diesel
2019 Timber Ridge 24RLS (Outdoors RV)
Go Cougs!

Happy_Prospecto
Explorer
Explorer
Just remember: Everyday is a Saturday!

The information is out there, all you have to do is let it in.
Kevin
Retired, Fulltime RV'er, 1999.5 F350 4X4 CC Diesel Flatbed
2007 Alpenlite Defender Toyhauler, 2019 Polaris Ranger
Bob, the Yorkie Terrier helping me prospect til the money runs out

GramaofAAAA
Explorer
Explorer
We just celebrated our 2nd year of retirement....and we're not camp hosting this summer! My honey had 42 years at the same job and I had 25! This is our 1st summer off, so it's new to us. We are full timers so try to stay put for the holiday weekends.

Searching_Ut
Explorer
Explorer
One word in particular describes my feeling towards the OP..

Jealous
2015 Ram 3500 Laramie CTD, 4X4, AISIN, B&W Companion Puck Mount
2016 Heartland Bighorn 3270RS, 1kw solar with Trimetric and dual SC2030, 600 watt and 2k inverters.

Murphsmom
Explorer
Explorer
But...you really know you are getting older when your youngest child retires! He was military and is getting out after over 25 years.

Old-Biscuit
Explorer II
Explorer II
Worked rotating shifts -----most of them 12 hr---for 30 yrs.

Ended up 'retired' just prior to 50th birthday.
13 yrs later I find myself enjoying it more and more :B

Retire as soon as you are able to do so.........provided you are not a workaholic and define your life via your work.

I REALLY enjoyed what I did and I was REALLY good at........but I like this retirement gig BETTER
Is it time for your medication or mine?

2007 DODGE 3500 QC SRW 5.9L CTD In-Bed 'quiet gen'
2007 HitchHiker II 32.5 UKTG 2000W Xantex Inverter
US NAVY------USS Decatur DDG31

samsontdog
Explorer
Explorer
We never travel on Holidays as we are retired and always leave during the week .
Retired 16 years and enjoy nearly every min of it. Worked 40 years for the same Company and don't miss working for I min. Will be traveling {camping} for three months shortly along the ocean
samsontdog:o:W

DannyA
Explorer
Explorer
One year of retirement for me. Absolutely love it!
Would highly recommend it to anyone. After 41 years at the same job I hope for many years of retirement.
2013 Sabre 290 REDS 5th wheel
2011 F250 Ford diesel

Mark Twain wrote: "Twenty years from now, you will be more disappointed by the things you didn't do than by the ones you did do...

NCWriter
Explorer
Explorer
Ahhh is it! You're not selling your time to anyone any more. And if you have a chore to do, there's always tomorrow....

colliehauler
Explorer
Explorer
Congratulations on retirement.

ol__yeller
Explorer II
Explorer II
Retirement is good work if you can get it. The pay isn't so good but the hours are great! It has been 13 years so far for me!
I am NOT a mechanic although I do play one in my garage!

JayGee
Explorer
Explorer
I worked for fifty years, I hope to retire for fifty. So far, so good, 43 more years of retirement to look forward to. ๐Ÿ™‚
Jaygee

2005 Bounder 35E on F53 chassis

gbopp
Explorer
Explorer
Enjoy your retirement and, go while you are able. Don't put it off.
Enjoy your travels. ๐Ÿ™‚

TrailerTravele1
Explorer
Explorer
We always joke about "how did we EVER have time for that "W" word?" - it's definitely a 4 letter word! Unless by "work" we define puttering on the trailer or boat. ๐Ÿ™‚
Cheers! Jan & David

Just returned from our First "Snowbird" Winter ... 25,000 miles, 26 states, 23 National Parks ... and counting....

TrailerTraveler.net

WNYBob
Explorer
Explorer
Congratulations

Yea, isn't it great!!! Camping & traveling during the week, instead of weekends!

I've been retired for 2 years now, the DW said I could get a camper, now she said it was to get me out of her hair. (It's a used TT to putter with).