cancel
Showing results forย 
Search instead forย 
Did you mean:ย 

Aluminum foam filled awning small dent removal

WallynDiane
Explorer
Explorer
We just had an aluminum foam filled awning installed for our Park Model.

There are two nickel sized dents on the underside of the awning. Either the installers dented the awning or the awning was dented in transit. The awning panels are 4' wide by 10' panels. It is white with an embossed type texture to it. It is 24' long.

The awning company is to come out next week to look at it. I have no experience with aluminum foam (like styrofoam) awnings. I want to be prepared when they show up.

They would have to take apart the entire awning to get to the two panels that have the small dents.

Does anyone have any experience on this type of awning who can offer opinions on what can be done? Something tells me the dents can not be removed.

It was a very expensive awning and it shouldn't have dents. The company installed similar awnings in other park models in our campground and none of them have dents.
1 REPLY 1

JW_of_Opechee_S
Explorer
Explorer
It is doubtful that the dents that small can be removed, but they may have a special suction cup the may try. The panels should slide out without a lot of trouble, just a few screws holding them in place after removing the gutter end cap.
Have Fiver will travel with little or no notice at all. I do need to stop at rest areas now and then:)