cancel
Showing results forย 
Search instead forย 
Did you mean:ย 

anonymous posters

bluebirdPT36
Explorer
Explorer
Why do many of you not tell your name in your profile? Are you afraid of something? Some of you make some very bold statements from behind your mask of anonymity.

Moderators, if this post is not appropriate, feel free to delete it.
115 REPLIES 115

jerem0621
Explorer II
Explorer II
D & M wrote:
jerem0621 wrote:
I have nothing to hide. A username DOES NOT protect me. All it does is enable people to be internet bullies and hide behind their username.

:B

I never get over that Pic... Epic

Jeremiah
TV-2022 Silverado 2WD
TT - Zinger 270BH
WD Hitch- HaulMaster 1,000 lb Round Bar
Dual Friction bar sway control

Itโ€™s Kind of Fun to do the Impossible
~Walt Disney~

msmith1199
Explorer II
Explorer II
Roundtwo-40 wrote:
After 12 pages of fun, anyone else wonder what lead to this being an issue?

Based on the wording of his posts, somebody said something he didn't like and he wanted to know their real name for some reason. What his intentions were with that information is unknown.

2021 Nexus Viper 27V. Class B+

2019 Ford Ranger 4x4

Roundtwo-40
Explorer
Explorer
How incredibly odd.
2013 Jayco Eagle 328RLTS w/15K AC
2013 Ram 2500 CTD CC 4X4
Equalizer 14K,PI PT30C Surge

kmbelt
Explorer
Explorer
Hmmm, ironically all of bluebirds profile is not showing for me. Go figure. got scared?
2014 Ram 2500, 6.4 Hemi, CC, 4x4
2010 Puma 259RBSS

mark5w
Explorer
Explorer
Just a quick hint. To totally remain anonymous black out your license plate. With computer technology you can enhance the photo to see the number. Better even; take a side picture of truck and Rv.
'13 2018 JAYCO EAGLE HT FIFTH WHEEL | 30.5CKTS- '13 Ford F150 SCREW - PullRite Superslide - Roadmaster Active Suspension

Francesca_Knowl
Explorer
Explorer
Roundtwo-40 wrote:

My guess is that the O.P. was inspired by the give-and-take in one of the most recent "People are Morons" thread (in which he posted). Link to thread.

That's just a recent example...those kinds of threads really do often bring out the worst in us, and I s'pose it might have occurred to him that folks might be more careful of what they say if their real names were attached to their words.
" Not every mind that wanders is lost. " With apologies to J.R.R. Tolkien

Roundtwo-40
Explorer
Explorer
2013 Jayco Eagle 328RLTS w/15K AC
2013 Ram 2500 CTD CC 4X4
Equalizer 14K,PI PT30C Surge

Ric_Flair
Explorer
Explorer
Real men don't cry about it!
2013 GMC 3500 DRW 4x4 SLT Duramax
2013 Road Warrior 415 Toy Hauler
2013 Kawasaki 4010 Mule

pasusan
Explorer
Explorer
Funraiser wrote:
{Snip}... You are not the boss of me.

That's it right there!!!

Susan & Ben [2004 Roadtrek 170]
href="https://sites.google.com/view/pasusan-trips/home" target="_blank">Trip Pics

D___M
Explorer
Explorer
jerem0621 wrote:
I have nothing to hide. A username DOES NOT protect me. All it does is enable people to be internet bullies and hide behind their username.

:B
Dave
Mary, the world's best wife (1951-2009) R.I.P
Lizzy (a Boston)
Izzy, Pepper & BuddyP - Gone but not forgotten
2005 Itasca Suncruiser 35A

My computer beat me at chess once; but it was no match for me at kickboxing.

Funraiser
Explorer
Explorer
Having a "handle" is has a long history in the electronic communication history. Telegraph operators, CBer, early BBS (Bulletin Board Systems), and then the internet have always had "handles", call signs, call them what you will. It's part of the tradition. It doesn't mean you have anything to hide. It's often an extension of your personality.

Besides...it's none of your business. You are not the boss of me.

magnusfide
Explorer II
Explorer II
bluebirdPT36 wrote:
Why do many of you not tell your name in your profile? Are you afraid of something? Some of you make some very bold statements from behind your mask of anonymity.

Moderators, if this post is not appropriate, feel free to delete it.

"BluebirdPT36" who doesn't sign his/her name accuses others of being afraid and using an mask of anonymity. :S How 'bout that.

Besides the irony of the OP, there are safety recommendations for the use of the internet. Some follow them to avoid stalkers and spammers, others choose to chance it. To each his/her own.:R Let's all just try to be nice to each other.
"The only time you should fear cast iron is if your wife is fixin' to hit you with it."-Kent Rollins
First law of science: don't spit into the wind.

Magnus

D_E_Bishop
Explorer
Explorer
jerem0621 wrote:

I'm a real person, I make mistakes, I say things I regret and try to make right, I try to help people along the way when I can.

If you really want to protect yourself, unplug the computer, smash the hard drive, break the smart phone, dead bolt the doors, stop talking to family and friends, and become a hermit.

I have Friends on this forum that I have met through the years. I know their names and they know mine. Are we virtual friends? Yes, but none the less I am concerned about them, their families, their happiness.. etc.

RV.net... a place where real people get together around an internet campfire, share stories, share triumphs, shed tears together, and welcome new friends.

Jeremiah

Jerem your post is one of the best. I take precautions with my life and property but I really don't care about the data on my computer, I don't list all the stuff like SSN, Account Number, Bank Branch or what kind of accounts and we have insurances against fraud in our accounts. We have great neighbors and we cover for each other, many are home most of the time, all know when we will be gone and who our children are and what they drive. My guns (yes guns, lots of guns) are securly placed so my family, friends and enemies can't get to them. While updating the interior and exterior of our home, I disconnected the alarm systems, replacing with better systems that will notify folks if fire or breakins occur. I don't have a lot of time left here so for the next ten or twenty years, I'm kinda enjoying life and quit worrying about petty stuff.

"Smooth Roads and Shady Campsites" to all.

David
"I travel not to go anywhere, but to go. I travel for travel's sake. The great affair is to go". R. L. Stevenson

David Bishop
2002 Winnebago Adventurer 32V
2009 GMC Canyon
Roadmaster 5000
BrakeBuddy Classic II

Oaklevel
Explorer
Explorer
And going....And going.....And going...... And going.......

Dang got to get some more popcorn............