2007 DODGE 3500 QC SRW 5.9L CTD In-Bed 'quiet gen'
2007 HitchHiker II 32.5 UKTG 2000W Xantex Inverter
US NAVY------USS Decatur DDG31
29 REPLIES 29

slickest1
Explorer
Explorer
Really Canadians!!
I thought stupid lives on your side of the border as well as mine!
1998 Holiday Rambler Imperial 40 ft.
Dennis and Marcie and Pup the Jack Russell

down_home
Explorer II
Explorer II
Wildlife has moods and don't like being pestered and fear men and most critters.
I've gotten hurt most by cows and horses.
I ain't about to walk up to a deer or Elk especially. People that raise them know they are onery and you a re smaller than they are.
Buffalo well you bother him more than he likes he is going to bite you kick you or grind you into the ground around breeding time.
I've had buffalo, deer, and everything else practically crawl in my lap but not by invitation.Next time I might get gored or stomped.
Those tourist especially from Asia where wildlife is a bird, have got to quit watching those TV show on how livign Gently ben is or willy coyote or wolves or buffalo and so on.

bsinmich
Explorer
Explorer
A few years back our whole family was in Yellowstone when my 16 YO son hollored "I need a camera". While he was standing at the edge of a river an elk came up behind him and was nudging in his pocket. I always have at least a half dozen cameras with me so that was his reason for the call for a camera. At that same spot we were going to have some sandwiches and my youngest (7) said look at these rocks Rich found. They crumble when you squeeze them. I informed them they were buffalo chips. They put their sandwiches down and went to wash I the river.
1999 Damon Challenger 310 Ford

camperkilgore
Explorer
Explorer
2lazy4U wrote:
As posted before, the article says the elk didn't hit the woman, but rather she tripped and fell. Too close anyway, she's lucky.

I was in a field near Ouray, Colorado and my Beagle jumped out of my parked truck, which he never had done - he saw a young buck about 20 feet away that I'd missed seeing, as it was in the bushes. I jumped out and started after him, but I was too late - the young deer had already chased him around to the other side. When he got to my side he jumped in and said, "Let's get the h-e-double-hockeysticks outta here muy pronto!" That little buck came right around after him and when he saw he was inside, just stood there and pawed with his front leg, just like that elk in the video.

That little Beagle lived a long and happy life, probably because he never chased another deer.

Lol. Great story, and I'm glad the beagle was OK. I remember many things that our pets did that keep them alive in our hearts many years after they passed. Thanks for posting.
Tom & Carol

OLYLEN
Explorer
Explorer
And some drive RV's. Too fast, too slow, too tall, too long!

LOL

Sorry just had to do it.

LEN

fj12ryder
Explorer III
Explorer III
Why do people act so surprised when people do stupid things? We've been doing it for millennia. It's in our genes. Our ancestors climbed down out of the trees to see what it was like on the ground, and before that they climbed out of the sea to check out the ground.

People climb mountains because "They're there". The hang glide, free fall, jump out of perfectly good airplanes, go into space. Sometimes they have pretty valid reasons but a lot of it is plain stupid and/or silly.

The only thing I sometimes wonder about is why people post about it and seem amazed.
Howard and Peggy

"Don't Panic"

creeper
Explorer
Explorer
The era of getting a blurry photo for Facebook. Just recently watched a woman pull her child with her, to get close to a couple of wild horses on cumberland Island. Horses that were just in a heated fight with each other. But she had to get a selfie. People were yelling warnings, be she ignored everyone.

Last time we were in Yellowstone a crowd a people rushed past us, on the side of the road, to run into the meadow and chase down the bison to get the selfie. I feel nothing for these people who get hurt doing this. They get what they deserve.

stevenicol
Explorer
Explorer
sdianel wrote:
you can't fix stupid!!

...no, but we can hope and pray that those people are out of the gene-pool.

2lazy4U
Explorer
Explorer
As posted before, the article says the elk didn't hit the woman, but rather she tripped and fell. Too close anyway, she's lucky.

I was in a field near Ouray, Colorado and my Beagle jumped out of my parked truck, which he never had done - he saw a young buck about 20 feet away that I'd missed seeing, as it was in the bushes. I jumped out and started after him, but I was too late - the young deer had already chased him around to the other side. When he got to my side he jumped in and said, "Let's get the h-e-double-hockeysticks outta here muy pronto!" That little buck came right around after him and when he saw he was inside, just stood there and pawed with his front leg, just like that elk in the video.

That little Beagle lived a long and happy life, probably because he never chased another deer.

mowermech
Explorer
Explorer
IIRC, the score last year in Yellowstone was Wildlife 5, tourists 0
So far this year, I think it is Wildlife 2, Tourists 0.
Please, folks, keep in mind there really IS a reason those animals are called WILD life; They ARE wild animals!
Yes, many of us who live close to the Park DO keep score!
CM1, USN (RET)
2017 Jayco TT
Daily Driver: '14 Subaru Outback
1998 Dodge QC LWB, Cummins, 5 speed, 4X2
2 Kawasaki Brute Force 750 ATVs.
Pride Raptor 3 wheeled off-road capable mobility scooter
"When seconds count, help is only minutes away!"

gbopp
Explorer
Explorer
2oldman wrote:
sdianel wrote:
you can't fix stupid!!
That didn't take long.

No, you can't fix stupid. But, it was fun watching the elk try. ๐Ÿ™‚

Boon_Docker
Explorer III
Explorer III
Old-Biscuit wrote:
Boon Docker wrote:
She never did get butted.

Quote from person who took the video: "Tibbitts told East Idaho News, however, that the woman was not hit but instead the elk stopped short of the woman and she tripped and fell. She appeared uninjured in the video.

But even so, pretty stupid.

Spoiler.....
That takes ALL the fun out of the video. :B

Sorry :B

3oaks
Explorer
Explorer
Old-Biscuit wrote:
Boon Docker wrote:
She never did get butted.

Quote from person who took the video: "Tibbitts told East Idaho News, however, that the woman was not hit but instead the elk stopped short of the woman and she tripped and fell. She appeared uninjured in the video.

But even so, pretty stupid.

Spoiler.....
That takes ALL the fun out of the video. :B
Nothing better than the TRUTH be told. ๐Ÿ˜‰

Isn't there enough lies and deceit coming out of Washington and politicians running for election? :M

Jim_Shoe
Explorer
Explorer
I'm constantly amazed by the number of Yellowstone visitors that think its a petting zoo. I watched a guy walk up to the south end of a north facing male elk with a full rack of horns, and slap him on the rump so he could get a picture of the elk's head. The elk just started grazing again.
Earlier in the day, I watched a young lady attempt to drive through a herd of Bison as they were crossing the road to a different pasture. She was complaining to a ranger because one of the bison head butted her driver's side door. BIG dent.
I don't think I could be a ranger there without punching somebody's lights out nearly every day.
Retired and visiting as much of this beautiful country as I can.