cancel
Showing results forย 
Search instead forย 
Did you mean:ย 

Another not square slide-out

Fredo1
Explorer
Explorer
I bought a used 2005 Holiday Rambler Trail-Lite Class A. This does not seem to be a common model as the information on line is parse and the user manual I got is from R-vision.

The largest slide (dinette and couch) is not square (picture below). The bottom and top of the slide are aligned and parallel to the coach but the right and level side are not.
The electric motors (power-gear) work very hard and almost stall when moving the slide in and out as the top left side and bottom right scrap the coach.

I used my square set and the ceiling and wall are definitely not square on both sides.

I tried to lower the right side but it does not go down any more as the floor of the slide is already flushed with the floor of the coach.

I have inspected the inside and outside of the slide and have not seen any sign of damage related to the shape of the slide.

it seems to me that there is no adjustment for this problem as the slide is already centered and aligned.

Does anybody have any idea how to fix that?

***Link Removed***
3 REPLIES 3

Lynnmor
Explorer
Explorer
If the slideout is square at the outside wall but out of square at the interior end, you might be able to pull it square. If the reverse is true, it was probably built that way and it would need to be partially disassembled and corrected.

ScottG
Nomad
Nomad
newman fulltimer wrote:
clean the rails and dry lube

X2.
Amazing how much faster they move afterward. If they're rusty you'll want to use a steel brush on them. I lube ine every couple of trips.

Cant see your pics but beware, if a slide sits too low it will wear into the capet.
Are you saying the top is not out as far as the bottom? If so, that's pretty normal for many slides.

newman_fulltime
Explorer
Explorer
clean the rails and dry lube