cancel
Showing results forย 
Search instead forย 
Did you mean:ย 

Anybody camped near Summit Bechtel Reserve (BSA camp) in WV?

cubmaster252
Explorer
Explorer
Looking to take my kids for a one day visit to the adventure courses at Summit Bechtel Reserve in WV on our way out to the Outer Banks. Has anyone overnighted in this area? All we need is a pull in, plug in and sleep for one night scenario. I've looked online for three days and have been unable to find anything near the Summit. Actually did find a couple of places but they all had websites that had not been updated since 2014.

Thanks in advance.
2015 Crossroads Zinger 32QB
2015 RAM 1500 Big Horn 4x4 QUAD CAB with HD Tow Package
Nights camped in 2015 - 33
Nights camped in 2016 - 17
3 REPLIES 3

wilcamp
Explorer
Explorer
We stay at Rifrafters CG, less than 2 miles south of the New River Gorge Bridge, when attending the Bridge Day Festival in October. Water, Electric, and cable at RV sites, some are paved. Great bathhouse. Two dump stations on site. Check out their website at rifrafters.com.
Wil, Tara, Keeko (Jack Russel/Chihuahua mix 9 yr.-old) and Kalee (Wire Hair Terrier/Blue Heeler mix 1 yr. old)
2018 Rockwood Ultra-Lite 2702; 2014 Dodge Ram 1500 Big Horn Crew Cab 5.7L Hemi w/ 3.92 rear axle

Squints2c
Explorer
Explorer
http://www.eaglesnestcampingwv.com/Reservations.html I work their the Bechtel the fist year they opened. This campground is close and right beside a National Guard Amory so its pretty secure.

Rich
Rich

Tom_N
Explorer
Explorer
I've stayed at the new Walmart in Fayetteville on US route 19 about 20 miles from the scout camp. Huge parking lot.

The campgrounds are not open this time of year. Later in the year you can stay at one of the white water rafting campgrounds. There are many.
Sarver, PA/Crystal River, FL/Shelocta, PA ยท W3TLN ยท FMCA 335149 ยท Mystic Knights of the Sea
2005 Suncruiser 38R ยท W24 chassis, no chassis mods needed ยท 2013 Honda Accord EX-L ยท 2008 Honda Odyssey EX-L