cancel
Showing results forย 
Search instead forย 
Did you mean:ย 

Anyone in Concord NH early this a.m.?

Crowe
Explorer
Explorer
So, anyone want to 'fess up that they hit a house in NH this morning???

https://www.wmur.com/article/rv-crashes-into-home-in-concord-police-investigating/35108971

Thankfully no one was hurt. I literally drove by that house late yesterday afternoon. It was a Winnebago Adventurer that did the dirty deed.

I may not have gone where I intended to go, but I think I have ended up where I needed to be

Douglas Adams

[purple]RV-less for now but our spirits are still on the open road. [/purple]
2 REPLIES 2

Crowe
Explorer
Explorer
We figured someone fell asleep, either coming home from a trip or leaving very early and wasn't quite ready to go. I'll post an update if I see one.

I may not have gone where I intended to go, but I think I have ended up where I needed to be

Douglas Adams

[purple]RV-less for now but our spirits are still on the open road. [/purple]

Scottiemom
Nomad
Nomad
Bummer. Someone must have fallen asleep.

Years ago, we were managing my MIL's rentals while she was in a nursing home. We lived 3.5 hours away, but visited every weekend doing stuff that needed doing and visiting my MIL. I was teaching at the time and I remember this clearly because it was MLK day and I had a rare day off from teaching. We were planning a day to ourselves.

At 5:30 a.m. we got an excited call from our manager who lived in one of the duplexes. Actually, the nicest one which was on a heavily traveled county road. A worker on his way to work had fallen asleep at the wheel doing 60 mph in a 45, plowed through the front yard at an angle and hit the post between the garages of the two apartments. The two 2-car garages were in the front (thank God) and his car was imbedded in the middle. The brick facia was laying in the front seat of his car. He suffered no injuries, but it was a precarious situation because the center post between the garages was gone and the only thing holding up the structure were the garage doors which were now skewed in the openings. Believe it or not, none of the 3 vehicles in the garages had been touched, but there was danger the entire thing might collapse.

My DH's first call was to his garage door installer who went into action immediately. He sent a crew to secure the garage with jackposts and to remove the garage doors. The next call was to my BIL who lived about 10 miles away. He is an architect and we asked him to oversee the cleanup operation to make sure everything was done to avoid further damage or injury. This was done and they were able to get all the vehicles out so our tenants could be to work on time. By the time we got there, it was all cleaned up.

Like the incident you referenced, no personal injuries. . . only property damage, which was done in a timely manner and the duplex got a new roof which it needed and we didn't have to pay for it!

Stay alert out there!

Dale
Dale Pace
Widow of Terry (Teacher's Pet)

Traveling with Brendon, my Scottish Terrier

2022 Honda Odyssey
2011 Mazda Miata MX-5

2021 Coach House Platinum III 250DT
Fulltimed for 15 years, now living in Florida

http://www.skoolzoutforever.blogspot.com/