cancel
Showing results forย 
Search instead forย 
Did you mean:ย 

Anyone use a new LIFAN generator?

colliehauler
Explorer II
Explorer II
I noticed LIFAN generators on a Web retailer. What caught my attention was It was EFI inverter unit enclosed. A 7000 watt unit was around $1600. Was thinking for a home backup unit, around 59 dB so not extremely bad for a 13hp generator.

Corrected spelling of Lifan.
7 REPLIES 7

JaxDad
Explorer III
Explorer III
theoldwizard1 wrote:
colliehauler wrote:
I noticed LIFAN generators on a Web retailer. What caught my attention was It was EFI inverter unit enclosed. A 7000 watt unit was around $1600. Was thinking for a home backup unit,

I tell the same thing to anyone think of a home backup generator.

• For homes with a gas furnace, hot water, gas cooking and clothes drying, you can "get by" on 3000W or less. 2000W if you are careful.

Not if you have a drilled well you wonโ€™t, no matter how careful you are. The pump needs 220 volt power.

htss
Explorer
Explorer
I have a Lifan 1600W portable inverter generator. It is OK. I got a good deal from Home Depot a few years back. It is not as quiet as a Honda or Yamaha but not too loud either. I wish I would have put the money towards a Honda or Yamaha honestly.
2012 Chevy 2500HD DA - 2009 Open Range (33.5' fifth wheel) - B&W Companion - 40 gallon aux tank - Myself, wife and two kids

theoldwizard1
Explorer
Explorer
colliehauler wrote:
I noticed LIFAN generators on a Web retailer. What caught my attention was It was EFI inverter unit enclosed. A 7000 watt unit was around $1600. Was thinking for a home backup unit,

I tell the same thing to anyone think of a home backup generator.

• How much power do you REALLY need ? You need a HUGE generator to run AC or a heat pump. For homes with a gas furnace, hot water, gas cooking and clothes drying, you can "get by" on 3000W or less. 2000W if you are careful.
  • Where are you going to store your fuel ?Do you have room to SAFELY store a lot of fuel ?
  • How many hours of continuous operation are required.
  • Liquid fuel should be used up every 6 months. Are you prepared to do that ?

MrWizard
23 ft aka 7 meters, is a standard measurement distance
I can explain it to you.
But I Can Not understand it for you !

Connected using T-Mobile Home internet and Visible Phone service
1997 F53 Bounder 36s

GordonThree
Explorer
Explorer
What is the weight, suspiciously not mentioned. 59db is at 23 feet, that's suspicious too, like they got out the sound pressure meter and kept moving it farther out until they found a number they thought was good enough?
2013 KZ Sportsmen Classic 200, 20 ft TT
2020 RAM 1500, 5.7 4x4, 8 speed

romore
Explorer II
Explorer II
I work with the local small engine shop. We won't take the cheap offshore equipment in as parts and service information are too difficult to get. If we do get it to work, the customer expects unlimited warranty, it's not worth the headaches. Some do well with them but remember the bitterness of poor quality remains long after the sweetness of low price is forgotten.

gbopp
Explorer
Explorer
I think you are talking about the LIFAN Generator.
I've seen them advertised but, have no experience with the units.
It does seem like a decent price.