cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

B+ screens

garmp
Explorer II
Explorer II
Just got our Phoenix Cruiser 2100 B+ ("Bob") and truly love it!!! We're thinking about getting screens for the front (cab) windows. We're basically down to two at this point and am looking for opinions/input. We're crossed between the SkeeterBeater or the MagneShade. Granted there is quite price difference, but is it worth it?
Does anyone use another product?
Really just want some air and no bugs.
Any ideas?
Our 2351D Phoenix Cruiser, Jack, has turned us from campers into RVers and loving it!
4 REPLIES 4

lizzie
Explorer
Explorer
Like loggenrock, I made all of the screens for our Roadtrek, using the same strategy. I ordered skeeterbeaters for the Sprinter-based Villiago and have used them once. I think they are going to do just fine. They are made by residents of a sheltered workshop so I thought I would give them a try. lizzie

loggenrock
Explorer
Explorer
We just made our own. Got no-see-um proof netting at a fabric store, made a "bag" that we pull over the door frame while it's open, then close the door, power down the window. use a strip of magnetic tape along the bottom of the outside piece to keep it sealed. made a set for our previous Roadtrek, and now the prism. Because you have 2 layers of screening, you do get reduced airflow thru them, but certainly lets heat out, and keeps the bugs away! ST
Two and a hound in a 2015 Coachmen Prism "B+"...pushed by '09 Suby Forester
First 50 done, working on the second pass! Nunavut - we'll see...!
2005-2015 Roadtrek 190P
1993-2005 Northstar Soft-Side TC
1989-1993 Backpacks & Tents!
1967-1977 Family TT's

Tripalot
Explorer
Explorer
We have used MagnaShades on our last 2 RVs (Class A & now a B+).

We have been happy with them. They are quick and easy to put on and fold neatly for storage. We would not hesitate to buy them again if we change RV's. They also do help to keep the heat out and yet still allow for visibility.
2014 Triple E Regency GT24MB (Murphy Bed) with all the good stuff
towing a 2016 Jeep Cherokee TrailHawk
Berkley, the amazing camping cat missed dearly (1996-2012)

NCWriter
Explorer
Explorer
To offer input on Skeeter Beaters, I bought a set six years ago for our first Sprinter cab side windows and have been very satisfied, still good as new and still using. The magnets are strong and hold the net in place very well against the door frame, They fold down to a very small size to store in a little pouch. Quick and easy to put on and remove.