RV Tips & Tricks
Looking for advice before your next adventure? Look no further.
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Conversations

Norcold fridge issue

Fifth wheel is 4 years old and only small issues I fixed myself.Lately, when my fridge changes energy source from 120 or my genny to use propane it will not do so at once and go into lockout with check light on fridge. I then have to cycle source an...

Tow Haul Mode

Recently towed the trailer with our 2013 f250 6.2l from Myrtle Beach. We had it in tow haul mode the entire time. On I-20 it seemed to be shifting in and out of 5th and 6th gears more than I thought. My previous F150 only had the overdrive off option...

Technical Questions on New RV Hardware

We've been RVing with a 1964 Four Seasons Travel trailer for 27 years now, permanently set up on our own property. The old girl had only basic conveniences, and we just upgraded to a 2015 Jayco Flight Travel trailer with all the bells and whistles. ...

gypsmjim by Explorer
  • 4 replies
  • 0 likes

Where to get best price on Onan LP Generator

We have a new camper which is generator-ready. Would like to install an Onan LP generator. We know about PPL and Wisesales.com Have dealt with Wisesales.com in past on our Honda portable gen. Any other suggestions on where to buy, lowest price o...

WARNING ABOUT COLTON RV, WHO SELLS AT HERSHEY RV SHOW

In September 2013, I purchased a Tiffin 28' Breeze, from Colton RV, North Tonawanda, NY, at the Hershey RV Show, Hershey, PA. At the time of purchase I signed a contract that included a service contract at a cost for $8,000.00 for any maintenance is...

Summer Festivals

It seems that every town in America has a Summer Festival. Some are worth attending and others a just commercial hype. Festivals like the Gilroy Garlic Festival should be on your bucket list, to attend at least once. Others aren't worth getting of...

My turn - THL - Update

In the Hosp. at 6am Mon-- Home 3pm Wed. Much better than THR 6 years ago. PT in the hosp. surprised me that I remembered so much. Nurse and PT in the house today. Let the pain begin. Not bad, but it sure is there. Recovery will take time and ex...

Old wax on Motorhome

We have not waxed this older MH yet. But I did wipe down the drivers door a bit to see if the black marks would come off, they did. But later when I walked by the door and it had dried, I noticed white through the other colour paint. Would this be...

Help with convincing a bud

Guys, I have a friend that believes if he EVER takes a short trip and only has the option to dump vs. dump/rinse/dump/rinse, etc. that he is going to damage his camper for life.....and/or something else bad is going to happen.Am I the only one that d...

BigSur2 by Explorer
  • 27 replies
  • 0 likes

Awning Failure

Driving down the road at 65 mpg my awning failed open and literally tore off the side of the RV. Lucky no one was hurt and managed to get all the debris off the road before being run over. My RV is only 12 months old (Itasca Sunstar), the awning is...

gklehner by Explorer
  • 6 replies
  • 0 likes

Convert Accordion Door to Slide and Replace Driver Seat

Looking at purchasing our first RV -- we are currently considering a 2007 Coachmen Mirada that appears (from photos at least) to be in good shape.. with the exception of the passenger seat and the barrel seat.Also, it has an accordion door to the bed...