RV Tips & Tricks
Looking for advice before your next adventure? Look no further.
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Conversations

What Vehicles can be Towed 4 Down

I am in the process of deciding on a transition from a TT to a Class C. I will definitely pull a "toad". I am wondering what vehicles with automatic transmissions, besides those generally discussed ie Honda CRV, Saturn, are being used by folks. I rea...

legolas by Explorer
  • 16 replies
  • 0 likes

How steep was it?

Here is a shot I took last fall while visiting our friends in Nevada City, (northern California gold country). It was taken just outside of Nevada City/Grass Valley. Fortunately this steep section of the road is only a little more than a quarter of ...

Roadmaster Universal Wiring kit (2000 Durango)

I have purchased the Roadmaster Universal Wiring kit with diodes and am preparing to install it on my 2000 Durango (toad) The rotten weather has kept me inside and allowed me to read the instructions over and over again to the point that I am questio...

Spare propane tank mount

I have been transporting the 20 pound tank for the BBQ in the forward cargo bay of the fifth wheel. I don't like the thought of having it located where it is basically inside the living area.I've been thinking about building a mount on the rear bumpe...

I'm Going Dingy... Help

Wow, I though narrowing the field of which class A was challenging enough... now we're looking to replace our 1998 Ford Explorer and I want to make sure whatever we get can be safely flat-towed. Getting into all this has me considering going back to ...

Looking for info re; chinese fuses causing fires

Earlier this month or maybe as far back as last month, there was a post about an electrical problem and fuses blowing, someone warned about using the Chinese fuses sold on eBay as they have been know to cause fires. I have searched Fuses, Fire, Fire...

Dinghy... Help, My Head Hurts

Wow, I though narrowing the field of which class A was challenging enough... now we're looking to replace our 1998 Ford Explorer and I want to make sure whatever we get can be safely flat-towed. Getting into all this has me considering going back to...

surge protectors

Our coach has a 50 amp service. However we very seldom stay in a campground that has 50 amp service available. So we adapt to a 30 amp service! If I were to buy a surge protector would a 50 amp protector work just as well when we are on a 30 amp serv...

Upper Peninsula, MI workamper couple wanted

Upper Peninsula Michigan campground seeking friendly, energetic workamper couples for the 2014 season. We are looking for a couple to be here from May 15 (at the latest) until September 15. Duties include registration/office work (must be familiar w...

sbreeze by Explorer
  • 2 replies
  • 0 likes

Best Value Portable LED Lantern ?

Our portable Coleman battery fluorescent lantern suffered a mishap last month while camping at bullard's beach .We have made the conversion from Maglite flashlights to LED flashlights .There seems to be a quality difference between the LED flashlight...

Lowsuv by Explorer
  • 13 replies
  • 0 likes

Reese shim question

After reading something here, I realized that I needed a shim for the shank/hitch head (Reese #58207) on our DC WDH. I installed one but here is still some play. I bought a 2nd one just in case bit it won't quite fit. Is it okay to just tighten th...