RV Tips & Tricks
Looking for advice before your next adventure? Look no further.
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Conversations

RV inspection, by who?

I see on the RV forums so often when someone asks about a used RV they are thinking of buying. Some one nearly always pops in with the suggestion to have it inspected before making the purchase either from a private or dealer sale. My question is, ju...

deereone by Explorer
  • 9 replies
  • 0 likes

Does ANY trailer manufacturer use adequate tires/axles?

I was looking at trading my TT for a TH. Brand new 24' Sandstorm by Forest River. It was loaded. Had everything I wanted. 40 gallon gas station, 4000 genny, 155 watt solar, big shower, front bedroom and HUGE tanks.No more lugging gas cans, gener...

_DJ_1 by Explorer II
  • 26 replies
  • 0 likes

towing w/ chevrolet Tahoe (looking at buying e2 hitch)

Question to pick your guys brains with.... I currently tow with a Chevrolet Tahoe (unfort. a short wheelbase). I tow a 26' tt weighing empty at 5880#. After removing a bunch of unneeded camping stuff the 5.3 Tahoe is pulling it much better. Currently...

jbres by Explorer
  • 16 replies
  • 0 likes

Title registration rant

I know this is my fault. I am trying to get a title for my fifth that I lost. I can't get ahold of the seller, I bought it out of state, asked the dmv what I should do, this was their response: Subject: RE: Out of state 5th wheel purchase Thank you f...

ryhed by Explorer
  • 31 replies
  • 0 likes

Magnetic trailer lights

Looking for opinions. I live in Phoenix and for the next couple of month it is far too hot to be working outside.Here is what I need to do.I bought a M105A3 military trailer to haul camping gear. Yes Overkill but price was right. Trailer is a 24 volt...

mike_mck by Explorer
  • 10 replies
  • 0 likes

Charging extra on service for non-locally purchased RVs

Around here, at least one of the RV dealer/service places apparently has a policy of knocking ~10% off the cost of any parts and/or service work done on an RV *they* sell... and reminding the customer of that every time they ring you up if its one yo...

memilanuk by Explorer II
  • 53 replies
  • 0 likes

San Diego RV parking ban

Not sure if this is being talked about outside of San Diego, but the City Council just gave initial approval to a new ordinance that claims to be directed at the problem of the homeless living in RVs, but will effectively ban the overnight street par...

What Caulk Should I Use

Water weeps out between the aluminum track rail and either acrylic or plastic shower. I see it running from this location and am sure the caulking has failed.What is the proper clear caulk for this repair?Thanks

2112 by Explorer II
  • 7 replies
  • 0 likes

Weight Distributing Hitch Question

I have a 2011 F-150 and Jayco Travel Trailer. My problem is that once I hook the trialer up the truck hitch, I have to use the tongue lift to actually extend all the way out and actually lift the back end of the truck up approx 3" higher than it sit...

Solid Color State Maps for RVs

We're new (16' CampLite by Livin' Lite purchased March 2012). One of the first things we wanted for our TT after doing 9 states, was one of the old-style RV maps, with solid color states, to begin recording our experiences. We, like others who post...

jrpeck by Explorer
  • 7 replies
  • 0 likes

I finally found a good vacuum for the TT!

I know several have posted on here about a good compact vacuum for the TT. I found this at a yard sale over the weekend. It is the Dirt Devil Broom Vac. This is not the current version which is a rechargable broom that sucks up dirt. This is just lik...

PSU1999 by Explorer
  • 7 replies
  • 0 likes

Going into Canada

Later this summer we are planning on going into Canada for about a week. Does anybody know for sure if you positively have to have a passport to get across and back in?

Ready Brute Elite Cable Question

Question on the ready brake cable install. Made maiden 40 mile run and the black cable guide has rubbed all the sheathing off the cable that connects the actuator arm to the vehicle. It appears to be the top of the cable, so I assume it is scraping w...

lakeboi by Explorer
  • 4 replies
  • 0 likes

Why do I have sway with a WD hitch and sway kit?

I don't understand. I'm starting to think I don't have my tire pressures right (tandem setup) My base tongue weight is 219 and I know to load a trailer with more weight toward the fron (the old 60/40 thing). It still swings back and forth too much a...