RV Tips & Tricks
Looking for advice before your next adventure? Look no further.
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Conversations

mice!

4 years living in the mh and never had mice till now. We have them inside the mh by the front seats. I have put out traps and caught 2. I have checked inside the bays, under seats, couch and kitchen cabinets with no evidence. We are parked in a Stat...

etrippe by Explorer
  • 11 replies
  • 0 likes

Having a problem with my tow bar

I have a Roadmaster (Stowmaster) falcon all terrain tow bar that I have used one time and had a heck of a time getting the car unhooked form the tow bar. One of the tow bar arms will not retrack now. I haven't done anything other than give a close ...

Need help with tow bar and break

I have a '07 Georgetown w/F53/V10We bought a '13 Jeep Wrangler Unlimited to towI've never towed 4 down and want a good, easy to use system. Will be switching to a diesel pusher in the next 24 months (I hope) although all I should have to do is plug i...

Strange story - Turn your water off while driving

Well here is a one in a million shot!!I just spent a week at a nice peaceful lake out in the mountains, no hookups, just the genny to keep things going. It was absolutely wonderful, and no cell reception, another bonus.Oh, and this was the maiden voy...

WD and tongue weight. Please check #'s

I did a weight check at the scale today. It is a TT partially loaded. No perishables, bikes(bike rack in back of TT) or grill. It is a Hearland Trail Runner/Northtrail edition(aluminum frame and fiberglass) 30USBH. WD Equalizer 4 1400/14000#. Truck...

mojoroo by Explorer
  • 10 replies
  • 0 likes

For Pow-Wows, Rendevous and Docents

Met a couple last week who RV to various re-enactor events such as battles, etc. They pack up their historic gear into a small enclosed trailer hitched to their motorhome and take to the road. It's their way of educating a new generation about histor...

Electric trailer tongue jack?

First post in this area. Have Outback trailer shown in signature. Tongue weight of about 450# if I remember right. Would like to replace crank jack with electric model. Darn the prices are expensive for those 2500# jobs. Suggestions anyone?

weight distribution bar came off

My wife and family minus myself do to work obligations went camping for 5 days. The campground which they stayed at was approximately 425 miles round trip. My wife said our 22 foot travel trailer towed great both there and home. The problem came when...

Fastway Flip Jack ??

Looking at buying this for my electric hitch jack. Read the following on their website Flip JackDo not use to support trailer parked on grade greater than 3% (1.72°).Do not support trailer with jack foot placed on un-level ground or debris. Jack foot...

nascar camping

so is it pretty much the norm that nascar fans are running gennies all day and night at race events?. i want to go to dover downs for a race and bring the camper. i dont like sleeping without ac. i didnt buy my camper to not be comfy. i used a tent a...

6dot6 by Explorer
  • 23 replies
  • 0 likes

5 burned in motorhome fire

I'm not sure which forum to post this brief news release.Authorities: 5 burned in motor home fire in Henrietta Twp.Associated Press Henrietta Township — Authorities say a motor home fire at a campground in southern Michigan left five people with burn...

steveh27 by Explorer
  • 2 replies
  • 0 likes

Trailer wiring question and rear camera

Bought a 10 foot flat deck trailer for my kids dirt bikes and will tow this behind my fifth wheel . Legal here in Alberta. Have a welded receiver on fiver now.Question is procedure to run my lights on second trailer. The trailer has a 7 pin on it and...

How often do you dump

Our routine has been travel, stay for or five days dump and travel again and repeat the above. Latter this summer it looks like we will be traveling every day or two. So how often do you dump your black water tank.

grizz272 by Explorer
  • 27 replies
  • 0 likes

Summer Trip - Need Advice

Our family is taking a summer trip from Houston, to Santa Barbara, to San Francisco, then back to Houston. We will be on the road for about 6 weeks in a 1963 Shasta Astrodome we are restoring.We have a CARB honda generator, and plan on boondocking m...

swimgreg by Explorer
  • 4 replies
  • 0 likes