RV Tips & Tricks
Looking for advice before your next adventure? Look no further.
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Conversations

Water freeze risk?

I am thinking of filling my water tank on my 1989 Terry Resort though I probably won't end up camping for a few weeks. I had winterized the trailer so all the lines are currently clear. The low temps in my area for the next four days are 32, 29, 29...

mtnbbud by Explorer II
  • 9 replies
  • 0 likes

US entry from Mexico

We have decided to return to Canada from Mex. and anticipate crossing at either Lukeville or Nogales about middle of next week. Has anyone used these crossing north bound recently and if so is it business as usual?

Am I being greedy?

We just traded in our class A on a new class B. The upholstery in the old rig is doing the usual flaking everyone seems to suffer. I understand it cannot be sold like that. The dealer asked if I could help defray the cost of fixing the upholstery pro...

opnyn8d by Explorer
  • 26 replies
  • 0 likes

Honda EU220i Generator Availability

I've checked locally with 4 dealers who all tell me that this model is subject to a national recall from Honda due to a gas leak problem. They all say that they are awaiting word from Honda as to what to do with the units they have on hand and conse...

Retdep by Explorer
  • 19 replies
  • 0 likes

NE Washington State Workcamping Positions Open

We currently have workcamping (host) positions open in northeast Washington State with the WA State Dept. of Natural Resources. These are volunteer positions with phone, electricity, water, sewer provided. If interested please contact email mailt...

Hub grease seal.

Yep blew one, actually believe it was defective from factory. As the complete axle was replaced and it never seemed to take grease. Well. they found it when they took it off. So, now I have not only a new seal, but a new backing plate as well. Ye ha!...

Have you ever used your FMCA assist to get home?

It looks like I might need to, and before I call them I'd love to talk to a fellow customer about how the process works. I don't really know what to expect when I call, or what sort of information they are going to want from me/my doctors.Thanks, any...

Naio by Explorer
  • 4 replies
  • 0 likes

Impact of the Corona Virus on the Drug Supply

The admins have asked that we keep the other thread limited to whether or not the Corona Virus will close the parks or not. I therefor figured I'd start a different thread.I'm a type 2 diabetic with high blood pressure, for which I take Actos and Me...

Upgrading head and bars only on EQ hitch?

I’m considering upgrading from our current 10k EQ hitch to the 12k version. Nothing is wrong with our current set-up, but a change in TV has me considering the upgrade. I can upgrade the head and bars for half the cost of the entire system, and my ot...

QAV Wi-Fi Booster - Anyone use one?

On our new Forest River travel trailer there is a sticker on the window that says "This camper is prepped to upgrade to wi-fi." It says to go www.qavaftermarket.com for more info. The website doesn't give very good or very clear information. This a...

climb_on by Explorer
  • 11 replies
  • 0 likes

5 Week trip in planning stages

We are planning a trip from Reno to visit friends in Bastrop, TX, then on to New Orleans. Back to wichita then down to Route 66 and home.As of now, we have not made reservations anywhere as we're not sure when we will leave and exactly when we will a...

Stranger by Explorer
  • 10 replies
  • 0 likes

Toilet clog

Hey everyone, My mother lives in a fifth wheel and I'm currently trying to deal with a possible toilet clog. The toilet is full currently, it's backed up into the bowl and it is going down but very slowly. Like a several days type slowly. We have tri...

Yellowstone Trip

Going out to Yellowstone in June. Have reservations for a week outside of west entrance. After there going to Cody out through East entrance then over to Devils Tower and then Mt. Rushmore for the 4th of July. Then going east on 90 to visit kids in ...