RV Tips & Tricks
Looking for advice before your next adventure? Look no further.
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Conversations

RV dump station map

I came across the map of rv dump stations all over the USA. I thought others might find it useful. Cheershttps://www.rvdumps.com/map-of-rv-dump-stations/

winniman by Explorer
  • 16 replies
  • 0 likes

? Disney Ft Wilderness (& Fishing)

Spending an April week at Disney's Fort Wilderness. Looking for any & all comments about the campground itself. We're not doing any of the parks, no interest in them at all, have more than a lifetime worth experience at them.Also any comments regardi...

dcmac214 by Explorer
  • 13 replies
  • 0 likes

Cleaning up oxidation on gelcoat

Hello everyone I have a 2007 next level toy hauler by holiday rambler and it has some oxidation. I buffed the sides and got most of it off. When the sun hits it though it looks terrible. I have tried everything known to man to remove the swirl m...

mdryden by Explorer
  • 5 replies
  • 0 likes

sealed, vacuum bonded roof repair

Hi, I live in Nova Scotia, Canada and I am new to this but I am desperately seeking answers please! I own a 2006, Triple E, Embassy, 37 ft., class A motorhome.I had a tree fall on the roof of my RV. Apparently, since I have a sealed, vacuum bonded ro...

kat4 by Explorer
  • 20 replies
  • 0 likes

Valve extenders safe?

I have to remove the wheel simulators to reach the inside dually valve stems.Is there a way to check the inflation and get air to these tires without the hassle of removing the simulators?

Annual Fall Wet Leaves PSA

Since I usually get criticized for publishing this, I though I'd let the weather Channel do it for me. You can skip through the ad.https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=rCm8ohSwLQI

Crowe by Explorer
  • 3 replies
  • 0 likes

Got one on my wish list today

50 amp electric extension cord, 35 feet long. It was ONLY $196.00 before tax.this gives me 70 feet of cord now. Maybe I can now leave some of those 30 amp cords home now. Got it from my local dealer parts store. That sucker sure is heavy.

Weight distribution systems, which one is best?

Hey guys, I need your opinions and suggestions. I have 35ft travel trailer fully loaded at 9500lbs. I'm pulling with a '19 f250 diesel. Using an eaz-lift weight distribution system along with a sway bar. Not really happy with the set up. I'd lik...

Tension bar won't stay in place

Reese round bar...As I was pulling out from last camping trip, campground neighbor stopped me to let me know a tension bar had slipped from the hole on the hitch..I put it back in and tapped the spring-loaded clip...when I got to destination and unho...

Transmission is Toast

We bought a new 2018 Ford Fiesta with auto transmission 4 months ago. We had the Roadmaster towing equipment installed by Camping World. On our third trip on the way home the car would not start when we unhooked. Towed to dealer and discovered the e...

Successful weekend trip - many thanks to this forum

I just got back from a weekend at Liberty Glen campground west of Healdsburg, CA. The days were warm and the nights were star filled. This is basically why we camp - the star gazing - thus my username here: darkskyseeker.Things that went well have ...

Pulling with a Ram 2500

I am looking at a trip to Virginia from Missouri to see my son who is stationed there. Its 1100 miles and will be the longest trip I have taken with my new set up as far as my Ram 2500 Hemi 6.4L with a 4:10 gears. What am I to expect on MPGs? It onl...

Short Bed 5er Towing

Just purchased a small 5th wheel (263 model, 28 feet overall) and will probably be towing it with a short bed truck. I have done some reading that I will need a special hitch to accommodate clearance of the trailer. Opinions? Suggestions on hitches? ...

Planning to replace a cracked fender

I am having trouble finding an exact fender replacement from dealer/manufacturer. I have found one that is a close match at Icon direct.com. They sound knowledgeable, and claim to ship the very next day. I would like to know if any other members have...

MFL by Nomad II
  • 7 replies
  • 0 likes