RV Tips & Tricks
Looking for advice before your next adventure? Look no further.
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Conversations

Great Service at RV repair facility

Let me start of by saying that I AM NOT associated with Greg's RV Repair and Service in anyway...I needed someone to install a tilting bed lift custom into my new Fifth wheel, didn't want to deal with the dealer 3-1/2 HRS away so I dropped over and c...

Front Cap Fading

I was wondering if the fading of the front cap on my 2011 5th wheel could be fixed by using rubbing compound to bring back the color then coating it with a liquid floor wax. I forget the name of it. OR would it start to flake off?

Help finding Roadside assistance & benefit plan for me

I have health issues and while I'm doing okay I know that in the back of my wife's mind is what would happen if I took ill while traveling. We travel with Chevy truck and 5th wheel.I am looking for the best plan that would provide roadside assistance...

dpgllg by Explorer
  • 12 replies
  • 0 likes

A poll: What does 2 blinks of the left signal mean to you?

You catch up to me on a two lane road. You can’t quite see far enough ahead to know if safe to pass, but I blink left signal 2 blinks on move to the extreme right of my lane. What am I doing?1. Saying “safe to pass I will help you around” ?2. Making ...

noteven by Explorer III
  • 85 replies
  • 0 likes

Generator Obsrevations.

Last weekend I was a campground where some of the people were without power and using generators. One person had a Honda 6500 EU (I think) and it was setting in the bed of his pickup. When I walked past it may have been at idle because it didn't seem...

New style entry steps

It looks like all the new trailers are being sold with the new style entry steps that fold up in the doorway opening. I was wonder what those who have them thought about the new style?I was wondering if the dirt on the steps end up inside the trail...

1L243 by Explorer II
  • 38 replies
  • 0 likes

pre wired back up camera

I have a used 2017 Rockwood Ultra Lite that came "pre wired with back up camera: The Furrion camera is on the back but there is no switch or any other indication of how to make it work. I can buy a monitor but I don't know how to even power the came...

kmkkmk by Explorer
  • 7 replies
  • 0 likes

Cracked Water Filter - Freeze?

So, today I was cleaning out a box on the RV that holds all my "important things". I noticed all over the bottom of the box were these black pellets or beads and then I noticed my inline water filter was cracked and these "beads" were coming out of ...

nagel by Explorer
  • 5 replies
  • 0 likes

The Fascinating Evolution of the American RV

Interesting & quick pictorial history.http://www.msn.com/en-us/autos/enthusiasts/fascinating-evolution-of-the-american-rv/ss-AADzjvj?ocid=ientp120 slide show inside the Elkhart RV Hall of Fame & Museum.Link popped up in morning news feed sidebar.

dcmac214 by Explorer
  • 6 replies
  • 0 likes

Ready Brake for Colorado/Canyon

Has anyone set up a Canyon/Colorado for a ready brake. I want tow my Canyon and I have the ready brake that I used on my Wrangler. Just curious about cable routing and drilling the firewall etc.Thanks, Terry

Berner2 by Explorer
  • 3 replies
  • 0 likes

Bad taste/smell to fresh water

Recently started noticing a nasty taste/smell to our fresh water system. Initially I attributed it to the DW using a 'new' garden hose to reach the one spigot on the house that comes off the domestic water system (vs. the canal/irrigation water that...

Mosquitos

Besides bugspray, was wondering what everyone uses to help control the mosquitos around your campsite?

DRM796 by Explorer II
  • 48 replies
  • 0 likes

Replacing dinette with free-standing table & chairs

We're hitting the point of being pretty sure we want to replace the dinette in our TT... looking at a table and two chairs, for our needs.The various RVs that we've seen that come with that option seem to have purpose-built furniture, that have flip-...