RV Tips & Tricks
Looking for advice before your next adventure? Look no further.
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Conversations

Carrying extra water for boondocking

We still haven't decided on a trailer yet. I'm leaning towards a Grand Design Momentum toy hauler 351M. It carries 157 gal of water.We have 3 kids and 2 adults. Because of my psoriasis, I need at least 10 min of hot water. So I figure 2 gal/min x 30 ...

Lexx by Explorer
  • 39 replies
  • 0 likes

Overnight Visitor

I thought I would share this with everyone.The other day, I needed something out of my clipper, so I popped in to grab it. I had been doing some stuff in there a while back and so I knew I had some things out of place. However, when I walked in, I ...

toedtoes by Explorer III
  • 75 replies
  • 0 likes

Tow dolly safety chains

Our Master Tow dolly did not come with safety chains. We are considering adding chains through front of wheel and attach to same bar straps attach to. Opinions please. Thank you. This is our first time having c-class and towing. Nervous about stra...

Smart and dumb ways to handle $ when selling my rv

I'm working on selling my rv. I may have a serious buyer. I've heard about payment scams, problems with cashiers check that bounce weeks after the seller thinks they've cleared and the $ is in your bank, etc. I've heard that setting up an escrow ac...

Automatic bed over drivers seat

Have had issues in the past to where I had to reset the control box on my bed over the drivers seat.Went to NY salmon fishing with a friend. Hit the button for the bed to come down. (Everything worked fine) In the morning when we got up to go fishing...

Is it worth it?

Well, we put our fiver away into indoor storage 2 weeks ago after an interesting season.We took the fiver out of storage in early April and got sideswiped by a new driver one week later on the way home from our first trip out at Easter. $5k damage a...

blofgren by Explorer
  • 34 replies
  • 0 likes

RV Insurance

We are Winter Texans from Minnesota. We bought a new TT while in Texas this past spring and registered and licensed it with the state of Minnesota. We insured the TT as a rider to our vehicle Insurance. We left the TT in an enclosed storage area i...

Davern by Explorer
  • 8 replies
  • 0 likes

Using a hand pump siphon to winterize?

My new TT has a hard to reach water pump. Anyone ever use a hand pump to pump antifreeze into the city water connection? If so, can you recommend one that possibly has a garden hose connection with it?Thanks.

acritzer by Explorer II
  • 17 replies
  • 0 likes

Thinking about Buying an RV? PLEASE read before you do.

Giant Recreation World Winter Garden FL. or Giant Disappointment? Hurricane Irma devastated our house. Due to mold issues, reconstruction will take months to complete, leaving my family without a home to live in. The fix? The new 2018 Coachmen Chapar...

cblant by Explorer
  • 22 replies
  • 0 likes

A very big thank you

We are at a campground and my front slide will not go out. I called Chris Neuman, a mobile tech from my home area, and explained the situation. He offered several suggestions and spent a lot of time texting with me to solve my problem. Wasn't able...

Seasonal RV Security?

I'm looking at purchasing a piece or property in a manufactured home park and using it to store/use my 5th wheel, and maybe someday a larger Destination Trailer. The spot I'm currently looking at is located in a vacation-ish town on the Oregon Coast ...

mtofell1 by Explorer
  • 15 replies
  • 0 likes

Need ideas for levelling

We go to visit my MIL at least twice a year and we need a better way to park at her house. We've been parking in her yard, but always have to worry about rain and if we'll get stuck and/or make a mess of it. Her driveway is pretty steep and we want t...

pasusan by Explorer
  • 18 replies
  • 0 likes

Effects of trailer brakes and sway

Picture this hypothetical situation: Tandem axle trailer, weight distribution/anti sway hitch, tongue weight 12.5% of trailer weight, trailer at or near (not over) max gross weight, trailer to tow vehicle setup correctly (in other words, all setup i...

Looking for a truck

Getting ready to retire in 2 years and plan on becoming full time rv'r. Looking to do it in a 5th wheel. Was thinking of getting a truck now, 1 ton, diesel, single axle to get the ball rolling. Truck I was looking at is a 2013 w/ 94k miles. I put abo...