RV Tips & Tricks
Looking for advice before your next adventure? Look no further.
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Conversations

Towing a GMC 2500HD silly?

I have a chance at buying a 2500 at a great price. I tow a Wrangler Unlimited now. Is it just to big? Rig is a 42 American with 450plus HP.Thanks

interesting issue with Propane / CO detector

I have a new, 2017 TT with a combo Propane/CO detector. We have been camping with it since the last week in Dec. One week ago, at 3AM of course, the propane alarm went off. I reset it and it would go the 5 minute reset period and start up again. No s...

Trailer hitch nut lock

Hi, I'm looking for a trailer hitch nut lock. Should fit a 1" diameter shank. Something like RJ Locks (rjlocks.com) is what I have in mind, but apparently they are out of business. Are there any other vendors who sell this type of device?

rmc7777 by Explorer
  • 14 replies
  • 0 likes

Tow hitch for 1969 Buick Skylark

I'd like to fit a light duty hitch to our '69 Buick Skylark.As you've probably guessed, such hitches aren't common here in Australia. I can get a hitch from a '70 Pontiac Tempest/GTO. Will the Pontiac hitch fit my Buick?Thanks for all replies. Hopefu...

Precast Concrete RV pads?

Ok...I am a beginner RV buyer, so I thought I had checked everything on zoning laws about having the travel trailer parked on my son's rental house property, but now found out that I need a "continuous concrete pad". Please don't send me messages abo...

Thee_R by Explorer
  • 41 replies
  • 0 likes

I have another question for the elctrical gurus.

I have a Wen 2000 watt generator. ( bought it to find out, it won't run my a/c by about.2 amps).It does not have a 30 amp receptacle, but is parallel ready.They don't seem to sell any other version of the 2000 watt, all are parallel ready, with no bi...

Painting and removing graphics

I am having myVinyl graphics that are deteriorating removed and painted on the same way has anyone have this done before please let me know how the outcome was

Another roadside assistance question

We are getting a new RV on a Ford chassis and it comes with the typical Ford 5 yr warranty including roadside assistance. My concern is that the "new" thought on RV's (C's and up) is that they don't come with spare tires. Argument is, "who can change...

garmp by Explorer II
  • 12 replies
  • 0 likes

New tires today

Put new shoes on the trailer today. I took along a neighbor friend who is familiar with towing but has never experienced how my truck pulls my unit. Old tires were Akuret brand load C rated. New are Carlisle Radial Trail HD, load D rated. Trailer is ...

ken56 by Explorer
  • 10 replies
  • 0 likes

AZ 3 axles or less fuel pumps

I was fueling my 2 axle tow vehicle at a diesel pump that has a threat of $1000 fine for fueling a more than 3 axle vehicle. So when I hook up my rv trailer now I am 4 axles do I go to different fuel pump? Or does the threat apply to only the vehicle...

noteven by Explorer III
  • 12 replies
  • 0 likes

Weight Distributing Hitch has anyone not used one

I USE a WDH for my trailer when it is towed with my 1/2 ton (payload 1803, GAWR reduces it to 1440). HOWEVER, it looks like I will be ordering a 2017 F350 Diesel Lariat 4x4 (3094 payload) for reasons not solely related to towing our small TT. Trailer...

jrrichar by Explorer
  • 31 replies
  • 0 likes

Carlisle or Maxxis

Going to replace my tires soon but I am trying to decide between Carlisle Radial Trail HD or the Maxxis 8008. 205/75R15, both D1 load rating. The trailer is maybe 6800-7000 lbs. loaded so I figure I don't need E rated. There is only $11 per tire dif...

ken56 by Explorer
  • 42 replies
  • 0 likes

Just curious

I'm just curious how many on here are towing an Aliner or Chalet?I know there's an Aliner forum but I'm wondering about those on this forum.Thanks.