RV Tips & Tricks
Looking for advice before your next adventure? Look no further.
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Conversations

Hauling a dolly across the country

I have an ACME dolly. I want to haul it EMPTY behind the MH for 2000 miles.I have hauled it empty for 15 miles a couple of times. With full tires it hops a lot. With the tires reduced to whatever the ACME guy recommended, it still bounces. Not as...

Life Expectancy of new RV

For a new 5th wheel (or TT) can I expect to get 10 - 15 years from it? We will not be full-timing, just using it for weekend getaways and the week long vacation 1 or 2 times a year. I plan on keeping it under a cover when not in use, and staying on...

tim1970 by Explorer
  • 21 replies
  • 0 likes

Answering questions without knowing details?

Please help me understand...Maybe just me. I do understand people posting questions that are vehicle specific. Posters leave out what model, brand or size out of their question. But what I don't understand is how people can give answers without know...

path1 by Explorer
  • 48 replies
  • 0 likes

Should I tow this rig

First post here, would appreciate you help on the following.I am looking at a Prime Time Fury model 2910. GVWR of this rig is 9723, (based on the company brochure)and the rig is listed at 34'6" with a dry tongue weight of 923 lbs. Tow vehicle is a 20...

cliffy49 by Explorer II
  • 24 replies
  • 0 likes

RV Mfg's Missing a new market segment

After full timing for two years now and meeting and talking to hundreds of other fellow travelers one thing is apparent to me.The RV Manufacturers are missing or unaware of a significant market segment that wants and buys RV'sI am talking about the m...

Best Ex-Pat area for full time residency

We are considering moving out of the US to experience another part of the world. We have thought of Mexico, Costa Rico, Belize, Panama each one has plusses and minuses. When reading the blogs it seems a lot of posters are real estate people trying to...

Fuel level sensor for GM P30 454 Chassis

How do I get to the sensor? Mine doesn't respond according to tank level.I checked it to make sure wiring is OK by using a dummy resistor and the guage does respond.Does the tank have to be dropped or is there an access to the sensor from the floor l...

Residental fridge, how long on battery

I know there are a lot of factors in this (number of batteries, etc) but I am curious what the average run time of a residential fridge will be on a typical class A gas motorhome. The particular model I am looking at has an 1800 watt inverter and 2 ...

Having the proper hitch

I am about to get a 35ft.TT so I'm checking into what to get as far as the correct hitch for the trailer. I am looking at a TT with a tongue weight of 1150lbs.empty. I have a hitch that came withmy truck, the sticker says 15000lbs with a wdh and 1500...

Tahoe Towing

A friend has a newer Tahoe and wants to buy from an AD a Thor 29 ft 10,000 GVWR pull trailer. It has the V-8 but I don't remember the year. The power might be there but it doesn't seem logical that this vehicle can tow this much weight or better stat...

SweetLou by Explorer
  • 10 replies
  • 0 likes

Frustrated with different Coach-net plans

I am in the process of renewing my Coach-net service and they offer 3 different plans. I looked everywhere on their website but they never explain the differences between them. Does anyone have a recommendation? I have a travel trailer and 3 vehic...

chesterb by Explorer
  • 19 replies
  • 0 likes