RV Tips & Tricks
Looking for advice before your next adventure? Look no further.
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Conversations

Propane alarm

I have a 2013 Class C Jayco Redhawk. We have had no issues with it until this summer. When not in use we keep it in a fully enclosed shed. No issues until this summer when from time to time we go out to the shed and the LP alarm is beeping. We shut ...

oldcoach by Explorer
  • 9 replies
  • 0 likes

Dent Vent

This is not an advert, endorsement, write-up or put-down of the product mentioned.There is a product called Dent Vent which is apparently a fake vent you can attach to your camper to hide body damage. The kit includes the vent, screws and butyl tape...

GMandJM by Explorer
  • 17 replies
  • 0 likes

Microwave problem

The Dometic microwave in our MH has excess moisture after heating anything. Our micro at home does not do this. I was thinking maybe a defective internal fan? Is it time to replace? Any suggestions? Thanks for any suggestions or thoughts.Skipg.

Skipg by Explorer
  • 2 replies
  • 0 likes

Need brake controller reccomendation

I am almost ready to take out my new to me 2001 Aerolite Cub F19 Hybrid. The primary TV will be a 2014 Acadia that I am installing the factory tow package on. On occasion I will also be towing it with an 04 Sierra that has factory tow package.The c...

Trouble finding TAN/BROWN RV covers

Hi folks...we need to disguise our 20-foot class C as much as possible (to make our neighbors happy). We live in New Mexico, and many homes are tan/brown.In looking for a cover, seems like 90% are either grey, or multi-colored and/or striped, or hav...

wsalopek by Explorer
  • 21 replies
  • 0 likes

Auto switch

I want to put a generator on my Trailer. Looking on the internet for what I call a Auto Transfer Stitch (ATS) there are several to choose from, do not know witch one I should pick to meet my needs. My trailer has a 30 amp service. Witch one should I ...

Actual Payload of vehicles....

This thread was closed but I would like to put get some knowledge of actuals that may be of opinion or hard facts.http://forums.woodalls.com/index.cfm/fuseaction/thread/tid/28525924.cfmIm logical and am not the smartest tool in the shed, but I have a...

lawrosa by Explorer
  • 43 replies
  • 0 likes

When is overprice, a Rippoff ?

I can't remember ever taking an iten back for a refund because it was cheaper some where else, but I did a couple days ago at Napa Auto.I needed an auto part, and a wd40, so thought even tho the wd would be a buck+ more, I would just get it there. Bu...

Equal-i-zer hitch issues

My new to me hybrid TT (F19 Cub by Thor) came with an Equal-I-zer hitch. The previous owner didn't know much about it except it was heavy.First thing is one of the sockets where the spring arms go into the hitch head is cracked which I will have to ...

RV Generator

I am looking at buying a generator for my 5th wheel trailer. I want something to run the A/C if it gets to hot and I have no shore power. I am looking at the Champion Model 46539. Any thumbs up or down on it?Thanks

Buster52 by Explorer
  • 9 replies
  • 0 likes

Winnebago Sightseer 33c Furnace

Hi. I own a 2013 Winnebago Sightseer 33C class A. It has a heat distribution problem because lpg furnace is on ther ps is little warm air forced out to the main compartment vents. The rig does not get warm when the outside temp is no greater than 30 ...

Dr_Jay by Explorer
  • 2 replies
  • 0 likes

Auto insurance vs good SAMs roadside in general

So I know this is a loaded question but in general with full coverage auto insurance (AARP/Hartford) and the coverage from Good SAMs Roadside assistance is it worth having both or will the auto insurance provide the coverage to keep us safe on the r...

CRS001 by Explorer
  • 10 replies
  • 0 likes

Microwave replacement

Forgive me if this has been answered before, but did a search did not find much.Question is this. Microwave bit the dust. It was a Samsung, and was attached to the trim piece, which was attached to the cabinet.Cabinet is above the stove. About the o...

Minor sway issue

This past weekend we went camping and on the way home on the interstate I noticed just the slightest swaying of my camper. I didn't think this was possible with the Propride P3 but it was happening. At 55mpg, the towing experience was perfect but whi...

RobWNY by Explorer
  • 17 replies
  • 0 likes

Black tank odor...another reason

We kept wondering why our Jayco Escapade emitted some black tank odor in the rv and we've done everything right.Hubby was up on roof putting in a new solar fan on the one tank vent (the black and grey must meet somewhere within is hubby's guess. It ...

dcason by Explorer
  • 6 replies
  • 0 likes