cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Beach Trip

Golfcart
Explorer
Explorer
Im going to be spending labor day weekend on the Texas coast sand camping starting at Mustang Island and working my way onto Padre. Outside of the usual "5 things to do camping on the beach" anyone have any tips for actually driving my trailer onto the beach?

Since its a single axle should i air down the trailer tires as well?

Should I point my trailer into the wind? or let the gulf breeze broad side the trailer?

Thanks in advance
2009 Sun Valley Road Runner 16ft
2010 Chevy Silverado 1500
5 REPLIES 5

Golfcart
Explorer
Explorer
Yea usually when i goto the beach to play(without my trailer) i bring a barrel of water with me in case i need to wet down some sand to get out of a very loose dry spot.

I imagine i should bring quite a few boards with me as well on this trip. Im worried my trailer will sink if i stick to one spot for too long
2009 Sun Valley Road Runner 16ft
2010 Chevy Silverado 1500

Billinwoodland
Explorer
Explorer
I got stuck on padre in a 4x4 quad. It took a buddy with another quad and a tow line to get me out. The take home message is that there are areas that look dry and solid, but aren't. I would get of and walk the area before I drove my MH out there.
2008 Monaco Monarch 34 sbd

imgoin4it
Explorer
Explorer
I nearly buried my car on Padre island once. Fortunately it was a vw bug and my buddy and I lifted it up and out of the sand and back to the road. Be careful!
Howard,Connie,& Bella,
One spoiled schnauzer
2007 Newmar KSDP
4dr Jeep Wrangler

LynnandCarol
Explorer
Explorer
pay attention to the tides and marine forecasts.

Diesel_Camper
Explorer
Explorer
I would air down the tires and point into the wind. I had to hitch up and move into the wind one night at 3am because the trailer was rocking so bad.