cancel
Showing results forย 
Search instead forย 
Did you mean:ย 

Best place to buy Honda 2000 Companion?

_DJ_1
Explorer II
Explorer II
I bought a new Honda 2000 several years ago online which beat local prices severely. But now I can't remember their name. :h
'17 Class C 22' Conquest on Ford E 450 with V 10. 4000 Onan, Quad 6 volt AGMs, 515 watts solar.
'12 Northstar Liberty on a '16 Super Duty 6.2. Twin 6 volt AGMs with 300 watts solar.
36 REPLIES 36

Grit_dog
Navigator
Navigator
Unless you're opposed to used, you owe it to hit up craigslist or offerup for a bit.
I see them for sale all the time. From almost new to well used. I opted for cheap and well used. The one I bought looks horrible. It bounced around in the back of a truck for sometime. PO swore it was low hours and just looked bad. He was right. Right now today it still doesn't have 100hours on it and I've probably used it for 50.

(they have a not so obvious hour meter built in. The green indicator light, when you start it, flashes once for each 100 hours.)
2016 Ram 2500, MotorOps.ca EFIlive tuned, 5โ€ turbo back, 6" lift on 37s
2017 Heartland Torque T29 - Sold.
Couple of Arctic Fox TCs - Sold

tdsxt51
Explorer
Explorer
tdst51 wrote:
Traildust wrote:
You may want to check out EBay, I just did a quick search and saw both the 2000i and the 2000 companion for under $900. Just be careful and do you due diligence before purchasing, there are new, refurbished and used ones available.
Bill

That's right. If you want a used one. Like I said, $1099.00 for the companion- new.

Ukiah Motor Sports in California. Just ordered the companion last Wed. and should be here Monday. $990.00 out the door- no tax, no shipping. And I understand about buying local as opposed to over the internet -but- Honda's warranty is nationwide and there's a dealer probably right around the corner from just about everybody. And from what I understand, any dealer is happy to help you out. Not like trying to get RV service from a dealer you didn't buy from. As far as setting it up- put some oil in it, and maybe a little gas, pull the rope once, maybe twice, and there you go.
2014 RAM 2500 CTD 6.7 CCLB Auto
2015 Forest River Rockwood Signature Series Ultra Lite 8289WS w/ Diamond Pkg.

Mel_B_
Explorer
Explorer
I just bought another Gen.Inverter from a Champion dealer in Ca. I needed a remote start for my wife when I'm gone in case she needs it. Also I'm having rotator cuff surgery. Anyway bought the 3400 remote start and for $145 extra had the dual fual option for propane or gasoline, and he through on a hour meter for free. It's do to arrive next week. I'll let you know how it is. Total with free shipping was just over $1200
Mel

tdsxt51
Explorer
Explorer
Traildust wrote:
You may want to check out EBay, I just did a quick search and saw both the 2000i and the 2000 companion for under $900. Just be careful and do you due diligence before purchasing, there are new, refurbished and used ones available.
Bill

That's right. If you want a used one. Like I said, $1099.00 for the companion- new.

Sonora108
Explorer
Explorer
Sorry, I missed that. I hope they enjoy their new Honda as well as we have our two. One of them is over 15 years old, purchased it from Alamia Inc. 3/2/02 for $845.
Bill
2013 Arctic Fox 27-5L, B&W Hitch, Twin Honda EU2000i Generators, Tri Metric Battery Monitor, Reese 5th. Airborne.

โ€œGoing to the mountains is going home.โ€ John Muir

bikendan
Explorer
Explorer
Traildust wrote:
Bill

The OP already bought one, two posts ahead of yours.
Dan- Firefighter, Retired:C, Shawn- Musician/Entrepreneur:W, Zoe- Faithful Golden Retriever(RIP:(), 2014 Ford F150 3.5 EcoboostMax Tow pkg, 2016 PrimeTime TracerAIR 255 w/4pt Equalizer and 5 Mtn. bikes and 2 Road bikes

Sonora108
Explorer
Explorer
Bill
2013 Arctic Fox 27-5L, B&W Hitch, Twin Honda EU2000i Generators, Tri Metric Battery Monitor, Reese 5th. Airborne.

โ€œGoing to the mountains is going home.โ€ John Muir

dewey02
Explorer II
Explorer II
~DJ~ wrote:
tdst51 wrote:
We did a lot of research and NEVER found it cheaper than $1090.00 with free shipping and no tax. For the companion. That was pretty much the price everywhere we looked; everybody had that same price. Has anybody found them cheaper?!? Please let us know!

I took the advice of rbp111 and got the Companion from Ukiah $999 free shipping, no tax. :C

Good for you. I hope you have many years of good use of it.
And don't pay any attention to those other posters or let them get to you. Funny how they don't want to be bothered to actually relay their experience to answer the question, but they'll come back and spend their precious time repeatedly posting why the OP is wrong.

_DJ_1
Explorer II
Explorer II
tdst51 wrote:
We did a lot of research and NEVER found it cheaper than $1090.00 with free shipping and no tax. For the companion. That was pretty much the price everywhere we looked; everybody had that same price. Has anybody found them cheaper?!? Please let us know!

I took the advice of rbp111 and got the Companion from Ukiah $999 free shipping, no tax. :C
'17 Class C 22' Conquest on Ford E 450 with V 10. 4000 Onan, Quad 6 volt AGMs, 515 watts solar.
'12 Northstar Liberty on a '16 Super Duty 6.2. Twin 6 volt AGMs with 300 watts solar.

tdsxt51
Explorer
Explorer

Mel_B_
Explorer
Explorer
At the tire shop! What you want me to come mount your tires to!!! Just kidding, This should be a place where people of all levels should be able to come and get, give or just read advice and opinions without having his post shoved down his throat. Anyway times 2 on the champion 3400 watt inverter. I called a dealer and told him I would like the remote start 3400 with the dual fual option. They don't make it he said, but if I bought the 3400 with remote start he would install a 3 way fuel option kit for $145 and free labor. So it will run on gasoline, propane or natural gas. I'm on it, all that for half the cost of a red 2000. I put a link to this on another post here about the champion 3400 watt inverter.
Mel

WTP-GC
Explorer
Explorer
In less time that it took to read 3 pages of arguments and nastiness...
I did a google search that yielded the prices from more than 100 online retailers. But then again, are we looking for a 2000 or a 2000i or a 2000iA or maybe now would be a good time recommend a Champion.

Where's the best place to buy tires these days?
Duramax + Grand Design 5er + B & W Companion
SBGTF

High_Sierra_Tra
Explorer
Explorer
I shopped around on the web, but decided against it. Reason being, I knew when I buy from a local store, even though I am spending a tad more, (in this case I got it cheaper) the dealer will set it up and run it for you before you walk out with it. Online purchase shows up in a box and you have to assemble/start and hope it all works. food for thought

Mel_B_
Explorer
Explorer
I don't want to grow up and be a grumpy old man. What are these forums for but to get information. Do you think every post on here was researched first for hours and then asked for help here. I'm sorry but if you can't come here and ask a question without some jerk bashing you, then whats the sense in even asking a question. So many times I read what seems like a "STRANGE" question I just move on why spend time bad mouthing the guy? He's just trying get some advice