cancel
Showing results forย 
Search instead forย 
Did you mean:ย 

Blog sites

michigansandzil
Explorer
Explorer
I'm interested in doing a blog of our vacations. Mainly just as a form of a journal.

Anyone have one they would recommend that is user friendly for beginners?
2017 Coachmen Catalina 323 BHDSCK
2018 Ford F150 FX4
3 growing kids and 1 big dog
13 REPLIES 13

RVcircus
Explorer II
Explorer II
I've used Wordpress for years, but have heard good things about Blogspot & Blogger as well.
2000 KZ Sportsman 2505 (overhauled & upgraded 2014)
2016 Chevy Express 3500 15 passanger van
6 humans, 2 cats, and a dog
Visit our blog at www.ROWLESmade.com
Our trailer re-build thread

soos
Explorer II
Explorer II
I use blogspot as well, but what I really recommend is that you download Microsoft Live Writer. It allows you to compose your post on your computer even if you don't have internet. Then you post it to your blog when you do, or whenever its ready. it saves a copy of every post on your computer.
i think you can use it regardless of whether you use wordpress or blogspot.
Sue
Sue
soos-ontheroad.blogspot.com
Fulltiming since 2009
2012 Mobile Suites 36 TKSB4 pulled by a
2011 Ford F450
2005 Lance 1181 TC- our Vacation Home

Atlee
Explorer II
Explorer II
I used Blogspot when we did our cross country trip early last year. You can see it here. www.thetravelingkoala.blogspot.com.

I'm very computer illiterate, but I was able to figure it out, so I'm sure you would have no problem.
Erroll, Mary
2021 Coachmen Freedom Express 20SE
2014 F150 Supercab 4x4 w/ 8' box, Ecoboost & HD Pkg
Equal-i-zer Hitch

TripleE
Explorer
Explorer
WYSIWYG stands for What You See Is What You Get. Means that your post will look exactly the way it does when you created it.
Bill & Treasa
Our Blog
USMC Retired MGySGT
2005 Winnebago Vectra 40AD
400 Cummins, Freightliner chassis
2004 Suzuki Grand Vitara 4X4

michigansandzil
Explorer
Explorer
Executive wrote:
I use Blogspot..takes a bit to get used to but once you've figured it out, it's pretty easy. And you can't beat the price. See my blog link in my signature...Dennis

I checked them out and this one seems to be what I'm looking for. I like how you can put up each picture individually and have and explanation next to it. Thanks!
2017 Coachmen Catalina 323 BHDSCK
2018 Ford F150 FX4
3 growing kids and 1 big dog

Hiker_01
Explorer
Explorer
gonesouth wrote:
Another good one is Wordpress. Pro's are that you can put Windows Live Writer on your laptop and write your posts in WYSIWYG, and that there are Lots of themes to make your blog semi-unique.

Cons are that you need a host which may cost you $20 or up per year for your own domain name, though I think you can use jack.wordpress.com for a lower cost.

Does anyone even know what WSYIWYG means anymore? Or why that term came about? Been a long time since I've seen it used.

Shirley4ever
Explorer
Explorer
Even i use word press..but some themes are not fully functional

mich800
Explorer
Explorer
gonesouth wrote:
Another good one is Wordpress. Pro's are that you can put Windows Live Writer on your laptop and write your posts in WYSIWYG, and that there are Lots of themes to make your blog semi-unique.

Cons are that you need a host which may cost you $20 or up per year for your own domain name, though I think you can use jack.wordpress.com for a lower cost.

Wordpress is popular. They have a lot of third party themes and plugins. You actually have two options. You can use the Wordpress hosted blog or use your own host.

bee_46
Explorer
Explorer
I use TravelPod Travelpod . It is free, easy to use, creates maps of you trip, and you can include pictures. After your trip you can make your blog into a book. Two of my blogs are in my signature.
Bobbie ๐Ÿ™‚

2003 Pleasure Way Excel TD

Alaska 2008

Arches, Geysers, and Canyons

Executive45
Explorer III
Explorer III
I use Blogspot..takes a bit to get used to but once you've figured it out, it's pretty easy. And you can't beat the price. See my blog link in my signature...Dennis
We can do more than we think we can, but most do less than we think we do
Dennis and Debi Fourteen Years Full Timing
Monaco Executive M-45PBQ Quad Slide
525HP Cummins ISM 6 Spd Allison
2014 Chevrolet Equinox LTZ W/ ReadyBrute
CLICK HERE TO VIEW OUR TRAVEL BLOG

gonesouth
Explorer
Explorer

Currently planning for retirement.....planning to build a small home in Nova Scotia for summers and someday year-round. Trying to sort out a good way to spend winters in central Florida as I can't drive anymore.

Dog_Folks
Explorer
Explorer
We use My Trip Journal.

It's free and works well for what you need.

Link here: My Trip
Our Rig:
2005 Dodge 3500 - Dually- Cummins
2006 Outback 27 RSDS

We also have with us two rescue dogs. A Chihuahua mix & a Catahoula mix.

"I did not get to this advanced age because I am stupid."

Full time since June 2006

Wishbone51
Explorer
Explorer
I've never used them, but I see a lot of people using blogspot or tumblr for their blogs. I'm a web designer, so I create custom ones.
2017 Jayco Jay Feather 25BH
2004 Nissan Titan