cancel
Showing results forย 
Search instead forย 
Did you mean:ย 

Calling All RV Manufactures!

isellsunshine
Explorer
Explorer
How about we *don't* put the sensitive electrical equipment immediately under the plumbing for the toilet? /s

I'm in awe that this is a thing we have to deal with in today's world.

#findanotherplace
27 REPLIES 27

Atlee
Explorer II
Explorer II
It's obvious that some of them probably use RV's. However, way too many RV's are designed that make no sense, and wouldn't be designed that way if they actually had to use them on a long term basis.

By the way, most auto designers/engineers use vehicles. Yet how many are designed in such a way that it takes hours of labor and trained technicians to do simple stuff. Take head lights for example. It used to be a simple task to unscrew the cover, pop out the old head lamp, and insert another. Now, some disassembly of the front end is needed to accomplish this.

Us out West wrote:
downtheroad wrote:
They design them and build them....but have never actually used one to camp in.

That's a 'blanket' statement. You know that for sure or just trying to be funny?

Reason I ask is because I know a few people in the business at that level and they are also campers.
Erroll, Mary
2021 Coachmen Freedom Express 20SE
2014 F150 Supercab 4x4 w/ 8' box, Ecoboost & HD Pkg
Equal-i-zer Hitch

Us_out_West
Explorer
Explorer
downtheroad wrote:

That's a 'blanket' statement. You know that for sure or just trying to be funny?

Reason I ask is because I know a few people in the business at that level and they are also campers.
Our Trip Journal

2012 Jayco Pinnacle (View)
36 KitchenPantryTripleSlide
MorRyde pin box and suspension, Curt Q24, Dual Pane windows, Auto Levelers, 2 AC's,and more.

2009 Silverado 3500HD 4X4 (View)
CC, Dura-Max 6.6/Allison,LB ,DRW,Amer. Tank 65 gal. Aux Fuel

N7SJN
Explorer
Explorer
Just a thought, are buyers more willing to pay to have things fixed than those of us who are 70+ and were brought up learning to fix things ourselves?

fj12ryder
Explorer III
Explorer III
laknox wrote:

DOH! :S

RV biz is, today, much, MUCH worse than the auto biz, though.

Lyle
Oh, I don't know. Remember the Edsel, the Vega, the Pinto, the X-cars, the K-cars, the Cadillac Cimarron(a rebadged Chevy Cavalier), the Studebaker Lark, the GM 350 diesel engine cars, and almost any 70's Chevy truck that came with pre-rusted cab corners and fender wells I believe. ๐Ÿ™‚ The American car industry as a whole was pathetic where quality was concerned.
Howard and Peggy

"Don't Panic"

minnow
Explorer
Explorer
downtheroad wrote:

No truer words have ever been written !!

DKRITTER
Explorer
Explorer
If the first question we ask as consumers is "how much is it" we are bound to the get them out the door cheap method they use today.
2015 F350 CC SRW LB
2016 Cedar Creek 36CKTS (My last FR Product)
20,000lb Reese Goose Box

laknox
Nomad
Nomad
fj12ryder wrote:
laknox wrote:
fj12ryder wrote:
It's "glitz" not "glitch". "Dazzled by the glitz".

Maybe the pun was intended... :B

Methinks the RV industry =lives= by the old saying, "if you can dazzle them with brilliance, baffle them with bullsh!t."

Lyle
It certainly could be intended, but wrong word usage to me is like fingernails on a blackboard, and mis-quotes affect me the same way. ๐Ÿ™‚ The original saying was "if you can't dazzle...". ๐Ÿ™‚ And the auto industry has been doing it for uncounted years.

DOH! :S

RV biz is, today, much, MUCH worse than the auto biz, though.

Lyle
2022 GMC Sierra 3500 HD Denali Crew Cab 4x4 Duramax
B&W OEM Companion & Gooseneck Kit
2017 KZ Durango 1500 D277RLT
1936 John Deere Model A
International Flying Farmers 64 Year Member

fj12ryder
Explorer III
Explorer III
laknox wrote:
fj12ryder wrote:

Methinks the RV industry =lives= by the old saying, "if you can dazzle them with brilliance, baffle them with bullsh!t."

Lyle
It certainly could be intended, but wrong word usage to me is like fingernails on a blackboard, and mis-quotes affect me the same way. ๐Ÿ™‚ The original saying was "if you can't dazzle...". ๐Ÿ™‚ And the auto industry has been doing it for uncounted years.
Howard and Peggy

"Don't Panic"

laknox
Nomad
Nomad
fj12ryder wrote:

Methinks the RV industry =lives= by the old saying, "if you can't dazzle them with brilliance, baffle them with bullsh!t."

Lyle
2022 GMC Sierra 3500 HD Denali Crew Cab 4x4 Duramax
B&W OEM Companion & Gooseneck Kit
2017 KZ Durango 1500 D277RLT
1936 John Deere Model A
International Flying Farmers 64 Year Member

fj12ryder
Explorer III
Explorer III
I consider glitz all the neon lighting they put on them, like under the awning, under the 5th wheel itself, on the nose, and those stupid televisions that rise out of a cabinet. Just silly when they could spend the money on things that actually matter.
Howard and Peggy

"Don't Panic"

colliehauler
Explorer III
Explorer III
fj12ryder wrote:
I think "television viewing angle" would fall under the heading of just more "glitz". ๐Ÿ™‚
I would put it under poor design. Glitz would be the useless cabnet they put around it.:R

timmac
Explorer
Explorer
Ava wrote:
Makes me appreciate my 94 Bounder DP more as I have had no problem accessing any of the systems so far.

X2, my 08 gas Bounder has great access to all systems and no electric components near possible water leaks as well.

Ava
Explorer
Explorer
Makes me appreciate my 94 Bounder DP more as I have had no problem accessing any of the systems so far.

jjj
Explorer
Explorer
When my converter died I found it mounted on the underside of the bathroom floor under the toilet. Go figure. I remounted it on the front compartment floor next to the breaker panel.
2002 F-350 Crew-Cab Dually
V-10-4.30 gears Mag-Hytec diff.cover
w/Amsoil-6.0 trans cooler Curt Q5 20K hitch & bedsaver
2005 Keystone Challenger 34TBH-Fifth Airbourn