cancel
Showing results forย 
Search instead forย 
Did you mean:ย 

Can run propane under a carport?

edb121212
Explorer
Explorer
We are having a house built and plan on living in the Montana on the property but I want it undercover since it will be about 6 months. I am worried about using the propane under a cover. Would this be safe? I know when you travel by ferry they want the tanks empty. Does anyone do this? The sides of the carport would be open.
17 REPLIES 17

Coach-man
Explorer
Explorer
As long as it is open, it should be ok! I have always been amazed how people fear propane and natural gas so much, but think nothing of using phones, allowing static electricity and even smoke at gas stations! How many of you stop your rig, before entering a gas station and turn off all electric devices, fridge, hot water heater, etc? Anyway, sorry for the rant, your rig under a car port with open sides will be perfectly ok!

Dayle1
Explorer II
Explorer II
Not a problem, but what are you worried about? Propane is heavier than air and I'd only be concerned in a fully enclosed garage. Not necessary, but you could put 1 or 2 propane detectors under the trailer if it would make you feel better. Finally if you are building a house then you will have power, so propane use should be minimal, use electric heaters rather than the furnace. Besides electric is cheaper than propane
Larry Day
Texas Baptist Men-Retiree Builders since '01
'13 Silverado 3500HD LT 2wd CCSB SRW, custom RKI bed
'19 Starcraft Telluride 292RLS
Rig Photos

starcraft69
Explorer
Explorer
It will be fine no air will get trapped in an open air carport. I think you are over thinking it. congrats on building a home
2007 chevy 2500 HD 6.0 longbed
2015 Eagle HT 28.5 5th wheel
tucker the fishing dog