cancel
Showing results forย 
Search instead forย 
Did you mean:ย 

Can someone help me understand what I'm looking at

SUMRX4
Explorer
Explorer
I have two things in my RV that I do not know what they are. One is a small outlet sized plate that states its ready for King wifi, another small plate that states its ready for One control connect anywhere. What are they? Are they 2 different things that serve the same purpose or what? And where would I learn what equipment I would need to use either one. Sorry not a real wifi tech guru,
4 REPLIES 4

shastagary
Explorer
Explorer
the king wifi ready means the cable for there roof antenna is there for these king wifi

this is the one control system one control

way2roll
Navigator
Navigator
SUMRX4 wrote:
I believe it has a roof top antenna but honestly not sure. So purchasing a small cheap router and running it through the king system would just simply strengthen a local campground wifi signal? Am I understanding this correctly?

As far as the connect anywhere I can already connect to the one control and operate the system from my phone inside or outside the RV. From the name "Connect anywhere" What else does that allow me to do? Turn of my lights while at the grocery story or what?

As far as being able to control things remotely, I don't think so. I think you need to be in proximity of the RV. But I haven't done much homework on it frankly. I prefer to use it like my former control panels.

I do not know what units would be compatible with the existing King antenna. It's booster and router all in one, not just a router. If you need a booster why not just get the King it's compatible with?

Jeff - 2023 FR Sunseeker 2400B MBS

SUMRX4
Explorer
Explorer
I believe it has a roof top antenna but honestly not sure. So purchasing a small cheap router and running it through the king system would just simply strengthen a local campground wifi signal? Am I understanding this correctly?

As far as the connect anywhere I can already connect to the one control and operate the system from my phone inside or outside the RV. From the name "Connect anywhere" What else does that allow me to do? Turn of my lights while at the grocery story or what?

way2roll
Navigator
Navigator
The King wifi is a repeater/wifi booster and that would be where the internal unit plugs into the rooftop antenna. Do you have a rooftop antenna for the booster? If so it sounds like the wires are there and you would just need the router. As far as the one control- that's a system that allows you to digitally control lots of things in your rv (jacks, pump, ac, lights etc) from a tablet like panel as well as through your phone. These 2 things are independent of one another. One is a wifi booster, the other is a control panel. What type of control panel do you have now? Personally I have a love hate relationship with my one control. So far it works fine but the touch screen is , well, touchy, and I always worry something will fail. Secondly- I got a new phone and cannot get the one control app to work on my new phone. Worked fine on my old phone.

Jeff - 2023 FR Sunseeker 2400B MBS