cancel
Showing results forย 
Search instead forย 
Did you mean:ย 

CONCLUSION: how to deal with neighbor noise in quiet hours

joebedford
Nomad II
Nomad II
There was a lot of interest in this thread - I guess many people have been on the giving and receiving end of this problem.

Thanks to all for the suggestions. I was most surprised by the suggestions to fix the noisy truck. I'm always ready to help someone in need, but I estimate it would have been about $1000 to fix the truck and I'm just not that generous.

A lot of factors went into the decision but in the end we decided there was no way we were going to 'win'.

CONCLUSION: today we moved to another site in the park. We've met the neighbors who all seem nice and they tell us it's quiet on this street except for all the motorcycles during the day which is just fine with us.

I know we're living in close quarters so some noise is always expected. This fairly nice RV park has a lot of motorcycles so there's a lot of noise but for the most part, it's noisy during the day and quiet during official quiet times 10pm-7am.

Our next door neighbours live in their trailer year-round but I wouldn't call them full-timers.

She leaves at 5:45am every weekday to walk 3 miles before her shift starts. Her truck is a hard to start, squealing fanbelt, no exhaust beater. She parks it 10 feet from our bed. She wakes me every morning - it usually takes me an hour or more to get back to sleep. Sometimes not at all.

This is a so-called "premium" site and we don't want to move, but we may have to. Before we do that I'm wondering if anyone can think of any (legal) things to do to stop this inconsiderate behavior? We asked her to park at the other end of her trailer and that helped a lot for a couple of weeks but she's decided she doesn't want to do that anymore (why, I dunno). After two and a half months we've finally complained to the office but I have little hope that they can / will do anything.

We've been doing the RV thing for quite a few years and I've never come across this kind of issue. I understand the "suck it up", "stop whining" and "move" options. Any other suggestions?
18 REPLIES 18

mockturtle
Explorer
Explorer
That's one of the many blessings of having an RV. You can move whenever you want.
2015 Tiger Bengal TX 4X4
Chevy 3500HD, 6L V8

Dave_H_M
Explorer
Explorer
wheeew. :C

fla-gypsy
Explorer
Explorer
Nutinelse2do wrote:
TOMMY47 wrote:
FLAGYPSY. Why would you assume that? OP is in the same park--different site.
OP didn't say they lost their money.

I'm pretty sure he meant the permanent tenant, not the OP.

That is correct
This member is not responsible for opinions that are inaccurate due to faulty information provided by the original poster. Use them at your own discretion.

09 SuperDuty Crew Cab 6.8L/4.10(The Black Pearl)
06 Keystone Hornet 29 RLS/(The Cracker Cabana)

FunnyCamper
Explorer II
Explorer II
rrupert wrote:
I was told by a very wise man many years ago, "The only good way to get rid of bad neighbors is to move."

X2

OP, you did the best. MOVE away from bad situations. hope your new site is great!

bucky
Explorer II
Explorer II
The OP's statement was that she drove away early so that she could walk 3 miles near her job before she started her shift.
Puma 30RKSS

leaddog
Explorer
Explorer
SDcampowneroperator -

The OP stated she got up early to walk three miles and then started her truck. Obviously she walks before she leaves for work in her truck.
2008 40ft Tiffin Allegro Bus
2014 Honda CR-V AWD

SDcampowneroper
Explorer
Explorer
OP, Please clear up my confusion with your original post. In it you stated she walks 3 miles to work, then you comment about her starting the noisy truck at the same time . Which is it?

Shes got a job, and values it. Don't you?

Nutinelse2do
Explorer
Explorer
TOMMY47 wrote:

I'm pretty sure he meant the permanent tenant, not the OP.
Living Our Dream
MTHRSHP - 2006 KSDP 3912
Cummins 350ISL...Spartan Chassis
ESC POD - 2019 Ford Ranger XLT FX4
Zippy Scoot- 2018 Honda PCX 150 on an Overbilt Lift
Shredder at the Rainbow Bridge - You Will Always Be With Us

toedtoes
Explorer III
Explorer III
Good Move! (Pun intended)

I'm glad it worked out - and it sounds like this move didn't just get you away from the early morning noise, but got you some nice neighbors.
1975 American Clipper RV with Dodge 360 (photo in profile)
1998 American Clipper Fold n Roll Folding Trailer
Both born in Morgan Hill, CA to Irv Perch (Daddy of the Aristocrat trailers)

coolbreeze01
Explorer
Explorer
Good for you, sleep tight.
2008 Ram 3500 With a Really Strong Tractor Motor...........
LB, SRW, 4X4, 6-Speed Auto, 3.73, Prodigy P3, Blue Ox Sway Pro........
2014 Sandsport 26FBSL

TOMMY47
Explorer
Explorer

downtheroad
Explorer
Explorer
"You can't reason with a man who has a shot gun in his hand."

Sometimes it's better to just walk away. I think you made the right decision.
Thanks for posting a follow-up.
"If we couldn't laugh we would all go insane."

Arctic Fox 25Y
GMC Duramax
Blue Ox SwayPro

rrupert
Explorer
Explorer
I was told by a very wise man many years ago, "The only good way to get rid of bad neighbors is to move."
Rich and Joyce
2018 Jayco Jay Flight 21QB
2012 Ford F150 4X4 Supercrew EcoBoost
Reese Strait-Line Dual Cam Hitch

Amateur Radio K3EXU

fla-gypsy
Explorer
Explorer
I'm assuming the park management chose to ignore your concerns and keep the money?
This member is not responsible for opinions that are inaccurate due to faulty information provided by the original poster. Use them at your own discretion.

09 SuperDuty Crew Cab 6.8L/4.10(The Black Pearl)
06 Keystone Hornet 29 RLS/(The Cracker Cabana)