cancel
Showing results forย 
Search instead forย 
Did you mean:ย 

Covid chores...check-off list

garyhaupt
Explorer
Explorer
Whatcha doing with/in/under the RV during the quiet time?

I will blame Corvid but it needed some attention regardless.

Blocks in the shackles to lift front and rear passenger side.
Work in progress...

New exterior fridge vent cover.
Installed.

New hi power inverter to x3 charge the batteries when plugged in or generator running.
Installed.

Trying to figure in an auxiliary 150-200 liter fresh water tank.
Re-grounding all the radios..AM/FM, VHF and CB...try improve usefulness.
hmmmmm....ideas still germinating.

Brake job.
Have parts (front pads only)...done this week, says the guy.

Two new fancy diff covers, 4X4 stuff.
Completed

Outside stairs...taken apart and rebuilt. The metal fatigue was huge.
Completed.

Jobs added..re-ground all radios to frame. Lousy reception with sing along radio and not great with VHF and downright yuk on CB.

Oil/lube...found three capped grease points that had never been serviced.

Gary Haupt
I have a Blog..about stuff, some of which is RV'ing.

http://mrgwh.blogspot.ca/
37 REPLIES 37

dedmiston
azdryheat wrote:
Last week I installed my RZR into the garage of my toy hauler. I then lubricated the hitch and hooked up the trailer to test for proper functioning. Next I rotated the tires and checked the brakes by driving 4.5 hours to an RV park in cooler temperatures. Over the next week my wife and I checked the various systems of the trailer. Refrigerator kept the food and beverages at the proper temperatures. Water heater worked as did the holding tanks. The slides and awnings were extended and found to function properly. The auto leveling worked as advertised. Our Directv antenna locked on to the necessary satellites. In short the toy hauler worked perfectly.

BTW we're in lockdown in AZ but it's not being enforced. We are free to exercise our civil rights without government interference.

Nice. We did a little social distancing and exercised the gen for 30 minutes as recommended. We also cycled a few tanks of fuel through the CanAm just to be safe. 250 miles seemed to do the trick. Not bad for a weekend.

The wildflowers are amazing right now out in the Mojave Desert and it's been 5-10 degrees cooler out there than at home for the past few weekends.

Where do you like to ride in AZ?

2014 RAM 3500 Diesel 4x4 Dually long bed. B&W RVK3600 hitch โ€ข 2015 Crossroads Elevation Homestead Toy Hauler ("The Taj Mahauler") โ€ข <\br >Toys:

• 18 Can Am Maverick x3
  • 05 Yamaha WR450
  • 07 Honda CRF250X
  • 05 Honda CRF230
  • 06 Honda CRF230

BarneyS
Explorer III
Explorer III
1. Install new awning and slideout cover material that arrived yesterday.

2. Install new scare lights on all 4 corners. Old ones have deteriorated badly.

3. Remove sod from 10 X 20 area under awning, put down landscape fabric, and small gravel stones for patio area. May build wood deck from pallets and planks sometime in future.
Barney

2004 Sunnybrook Titan 30FKS TT
Hensley "Arrow" 1400# hitch (Sold)
Not towing now.
Former tow vehicles were 2016 Ram 2500 CTD, 2002 Ford F250, 7.3 PSD, 1997 Ram 2500 5.9 gas engine

autorot8
Explorer
Explorer
Made the dolly for the truck camper.

2015 Ram 2500 Laramie Crew Cab 4x4 6.4l Hemi

"Overstating the Obvious rarely helps the Oblivious!"

dodge_guy
Explorer II
Explorer II
dodge guy wrote:
Brought mine home Saturday.
Finished up my new center console install.
Installed new LED awning lights
Tilted my sleeper sofa back 1โ€ so we arenโ€™t sliding off of it anymore.
Inspected my roof and resealed a couple areas.
Installed my tablet/IPad holder on the dash for my dash command app.
Started my blue ray player install above the TV, Iโ€™ll finish that up this week
Still need to get my tool box installed. I got tired of lugging around a tool bag.
And hopefully during the week I can get my LED light strip mounted under the RV.
On my list is to install a couple power vents in my curb side storage bay to vent the heat from it in the summer. I have a fridge in there and between that and the heat from the power train the compartment gets very hot!

Long range mods are a remote awning kit and a hardwired surge protector.

Got my blue Ray player install finished up.
Got the LED light strip mounted under the RV
Got my tool box installed but not in the compartment I was hoping for.

However, being in IL we had reservations for a close by campground because my daughter is graduating this year. Well the graduation ceremony got cancelled and then IL campgrounds are closed through the end of May now. However I did some looking last night and I found a campground in MI about 3 hours away just north of Kalamazoo, got the very last 50A FHU site (the only sites) they had, So now I'm all set for Memorial Day weekend.
Wife Kim
Son Brandon 17yrs
Daughter Marissa 16yrs
Dog Bailey

12 Forest River Georgetown 350TS Hellwig sway bars, BlueOx TrueCenter stabilizer

13 Ford Explorer Roadmaster Stowmaster 5000, VIP Tow>
A bad day camping is
better than a good day at work!

azdryheat
Explorer
Explorer
Last week I installed my RZR into the garage of my toy hauler. I then lubricated the hitch and hooked up the trailer to test for proper functioning. Next I rotated the tires and checked the brakes by driving 4.5 hours to an RV park in cooler temperatures. Over the next week my wife and I checked the various systems of the trailer. Refrigerator kept the food and beverages at the proper temperatures. Water heater worked as did the holding tanks. The slides and awnings were extended and found to function properly. The auto leveling worked as advertised. Our Directv antenna locked on to the necessary satellites. In short the toy hauler worked perfectly.

BTW we're in lockdown in AZ but it's not being enforced. We are free to exercise our civil rights without government interference.
2013 Chevy 3500HD CC dually
2014 Voltage 3600 toy hauler
2019 RZR 1000XP TRE

T18skyguy
Explorer
Explorer
During the quiet time I sold my rig. Not sure if I'm going to keep RV'ing, might go for a class A with airbags if I do.
Retired Anesthetist. LTP. Pilot with mechanic/inspection ratings. Between rigs right now.. Wife and daughter. Four cats which we must obey.

2oldman
Explorer
Explorer
Stocked up on beef. Amazingly, stores are STILL out of TP, very low or limiting purchases. I don't understand that.
"If I'm wearing long pants, I'm too far north" - 2oldman

schlep1967
Explorer III
Explorer III
Just got a project done last night. We have a pocket door to the bathroom. It is stored back in the pocket when traveling. The weight of the door bouncing when traveling pulled the screws out of the ceiling. The only way to get to those screws is to cut out the back wall of a cabinet. This was my 3rd attempt at a fix. The first two times I tried to do minimally invasive surgery. This time we did open heart. Cut out the whole back wall of that cabinet. Made a trip to the hardware store (mask on) and found the proper screws so the rollers can clear the screw heads. Drilled all new holes and added a few extra screws. Should be good for a few more years.
2021 Chevy Silverado LTZ 3500 Diesel
2022 Montana Legacy 3931FB
Pull-Rite Super Glide 4500

4x4van
Explorer
Explorer
garyhaupt wrote:
Lwiddis...I can't seem to reply in a normal fashion...software issues, it seems...

I have lots of room underneath, so that shouldn't be a problem. Some straps and bingo. I will have a spray-on insulation applied to prevent freezing. Intake will have to be a hole in the RV skin...too bad...and a KISS method of transfer out. A couple lengths of hose stored away and a drill powered water pump. A spigot of some kind under the tank...connect the hoses and pump and hey presto..

Gary

Just a suggestion: A hose from your new tank to the winterizing valve (if your RV has one); then no drill pump needed. Another option, buy a spare water pump that matches the one in your RV; that way you will always have a spare with you if needed.
We don't stop playing because we grow old...We grow old because we stop playing!

2004 Itasca Sunrise M-30W
Carson enclosed ATV Trailer
-'85 ATC250R, '12 Husky TE310, '20 CanAm X3 X rs Turbo RR
Zieman Jetski Trailer
-'96 GTi, '96 Waveblaster II

4x4van
Explorer
Explorer
-Added a Chill-Grille to my ducted A/C
-Added a Trik-L-Start
-Removed the old TV/boat anchor from the bedroom
-Reinforced the dinette bed supports
-Added a digital voltage display on the dash
-12v tube motor came in yesterday; (gonna work on a powered full width sun visor)
-Labeled the HWH solenoids (jacks & slides)
-Changed the porchlight lens to amber (still have dimmable white LED strip full length under the awning)
We don't stop playing because we grow old...We grow old because we stop playing!

2004 Itasca Sunrise M-30W
Carson enclosed ATV Trailer
-'85 ATC250R, '12 Husky TE310, '20 CanAm X3 X rs Turbo RR
Zieman Jetski Trailer
-'96 GTi, '96 Waveblaster II

dodge_guy
Explorer II
Explorer II
Brought mine home Saturday.
Finished up my new center console install.
Installed new LED awning lights
Tilted my sleeper sofa back 1โ€ so we arenโ€™t sliding off of it anymore.
Inspected my roof and resealed a couple areas.
Installed my tablet/IPad holder on the dash for my dash command app.
Started my blue ray player install above the TV, Iโ€™ll finish that up this week
Still need to get my tool box installed. I got tired of lugging around a tool bag.
And hopefully during the week I can get my LED light strip mounted under the RV.
On my list is to install a couple power vents in my curb side storage bay to vent the heat from it in the summer. I have a fridge in there and between that and the heat from the power train the compartment gets very hot!

Long range mods are a remote awning kit and a hardwired surge protector.
Wife Kim
Son Brandon 17yrs
Daughter Marissa 16yrs
Dog Bailey

12 Forest River Georgetown 350TS Hellwig sway bars, BlueOx TrueCenter stabilizer

13 Ford Explorer Roadmaster Stowmaster 5000, VIP Tow>
A bad day camping is
better than a good day at work!

Veebyes
Explorer II
Explorer II
I am here. The rig is there. When I can get myself there I can do some chores there. In the meantime since I am here I will keep doing chores here.
Boat: 32' 1996 Albin 32+2, single Cummins 315hp
40+ night per year overnighter

2007 Alpenlite 34RLR
2006 Chevy 3500 LT, CC,LB 6.6L Diesel

Ham Radio: VP9KL, IRLP node 7995

CavemanCharlie
Explorer II
Explorer II
I towed mine out of the shed today !... To remove some farm equipment that was behind it. Then I put it back in the same place. I'll be to busy with farm work to do anything else for awhile.

SteveAE
Explorer
Explorer
Topped off the battery water yesterday. It took about 1/4" (~1/2 cup h2o per cell) to set the level halfway between the top of the plates and the bottom of the fill tube.

Another poster mentioned adjusting the brakes. Good idea. I think I'll add that to my "to do" list.