cancel
Showing results forย 
Search instead forย 
Did you mean:ย 

%#$@^ critters!

huskyfan68
Explorer
Explorer
So the mice left some droppings over the winter. Not terrible but left some on pots/pans- some utencils. Is it safe to just wash via soap water- Dishwasher? I threw lots of stuff out- but didn't think i needed to get rid of everything. Any tips? everything was taken home- and soaked in hot water- then run thru dishwasher
25 REPLIES 25

Michelle_S
Explorer II
Explorer II
Well growing up in the sticks where mice were a part of life, I guess I should have died many years ago.
2018 Chevy 3500HD High Country Crew Cab DRW, D/A, 2016 Redwood 39MB, Dual AC, Fireplace, Sleep #Bed, Auto Sat Dish, Stack Washer/Dryer, Auto Level Sys, Disk Brakes, Onan Gen, 17.5" "H" tires, MORryde Pin & IS, Comfort Ride, Dual Awnings, Full Body Paint

nickthehunter
Nomad II
Nomad II
Wade44 wrote:
StarkNaked wrote:
Here are the recommendations from the CDC for cleaning up after rodents.

CDC Cleaning up after rodents

Great LOL. Now his mice will be running around the RV 6" apart wearing little surgical masks while facing the possibility of being locked down by Dr Mauci.
My vote for โ€œBest Post of the Yearโ€ Award.

Fizz
Explorer
Explorer
Opening the cottage after a winter shutdown I noticed a mouse had eaten some Ivory soap. Must have been at it for days. There were black droppings all around it then some grey ones finally pure white droppings. Never found the mouse.

JaxDad
Explorer III
Explorer III
If youโ€™re overly concerned about sanitizing them, wash normally, then before drying them, fill both sinks with hot water and add a healthy amount of bleach to one. Give each item a good rinse in the bleach / water mixture then rinse in the clean water.

wa8yxm
Explorer III
Explorer III
huskyfan68 wrote:
So the mice left some droppings over the winter. Not terrible but left some on pots/pans- some utencils. Is it safe to just wash via soap water- Dishwasher? I threw lots of stuff out- but didn't think i needed to get rid of everything. Any tips? everything was taken home- and soaked in hot water- then run thru dishwasher

Soap and water good. Dishwasher better

If hand washing rinse twice. First rinse in bleach water (1/4 cup to 5 gallons same as used to sanitize the fresh water.. 2nd rinse clear water.
Home was where I park it. but alas the.
2005 Damon Intruder 377 Alas declared a total loss
after a semi "nicked" it. Still have the radios
Kenwood TS-2000, ICOM ID-5100, ID-51A+2, ID-880 REF030C most times

Wade44
Explorer
Explorer
StarkNaked wrote:

Great LOL. Now his mice will be running around the RV 6" apart wearing little surgical masks while facing the possibility of being locked down by Dr Mauci.
2018 Marathon H3-45
2019 GMC Sierra Denali (Toad)
2012 Grady White 271 Canyon

opnspaces
Navigator II
Navigator II
You ran them through the dishwasher. I would them back in the cabinets and not give it a second thought.
2001 Suburban 4x4. 6.0L, 4.10 3/4 ton **** 2005 Jayco Jay Flight 27BH **** 1986 Coleman Columbia Popup

StarkNaked
Explorer II
Explorer II

jdc1
Explorer II
Explorer II
Just wash the stuff. How many mice do you think might have ran over a plate from a place you ate at?

nickthehunter
Nomad II
Nomad II
No, you need to package everything that a mouse might have touched, in a sealed tight container, and send it to me for proper disposal.

midnightsadie
Explorer II
Explorer II
here,s a real true mice story ,we have a 2006 rv and my 2005 f 150 both in the same garage .do to back surgery last year no one went in this garage. had a 25# bag of grass seed ,the mice ate well. on the left side the rv which I treated with peppermint oil ,also the truck. wife trapped 17teen mice , not one turd in the rv or the truck. five days have past ,no mice in the traps.when I put peppermint oil out I sprinkle it heavy.