cancel
Showing results forย 
Search instead forย 
Did you mean:ย 

Curious how RV sales in Canada are doing these days?

myredracer
Explorer II
Explorer II
The dollar exchange rate has been up at around a 1/3 more for us for a number of years now. That adds a huge premium to RV buyers in Canada. We bought our TT when the Can and US dollars were close to par. Today that would have added going on $10K Can on our purchase.

Seeing that most RVs are built in the US, are sales in Canada down much? Are dealers here eating some of that or passing it all onto buyers? When I drive by our local RV dealer, I see a LOT of shiny new RVs out on their lot. Maybe they're just languishing and not getting sold?

Having bought a used 3/4 ton truck in June, what we learned is that a lot of used trucks are being bought by US buyers due to the exchange rate and good used ones are harder to find here now.
5 REPLIES 5

StirCrazy
Navigator
Navigator
the price of rv's in canada isnt the US + exchange, they have seperat pricing structures. yes we get ripped off up here nomater what they exchange rate is, same as normal vehicles and almost every other consumer goods. but I bought a new one 3 years ago and I keep seeing them fly off the lots out here so must still be selling good.

Steve
2014 F350 6.7 Platinum
2016 Cougar 330RBK
1991 Slumberqueen WS100

BillyBob_Jim
Explorer
Explorer
ol Bombero-JC wrote:
IB853347201 wrote:
RV sales are booming! Price doesn't seem to be an issue these days.

My crystal ball indicates exactly the same thing..:W

And....just plain WOW to those used pickup prices!..:R

~

Depends on what you consider Booming

The next recession started a year and a half ago.

ol_Bombero-JC
Explorer
Explorer
IB853347201 wrote:

My crystal ball indicates exactly the same thing..:W

And....just plain WOW to those used pickup prices!..:R

~

IB853347201
Nomad
Nomad
2010 Suncruiser

RICK-ards_Red
Explorer
Explorer
Locally people seem to buying RV's and prices seem reasonable. Lately it is getting harder to get a last minute campsite, now you have to plan a little further in advance. Couple of years ago you could decide to go camping Friday morning and just go, not now???
2017 Coachman Catalina 25RKS
2015 GMC Sierra 1500 - Kodiak edition