cancel
Showing results forย 
Search instead forย 
Did you mean:ย 

Dealers - good and bad

Jim_Shoe
Explorer
Explorer
I won't mention a name, but the dealership where I bought my 'C', goes in the "good" category. Maybe "great". Sales as well as service. I was trading in my 'B' (from another dealer) for a new 'C'. They discussed all the options, including what were "must haves", "nice to haves" and "fluff". I ordered. When it came in, they called and told me to bring a friend along to take notes. The walk through took about two hours, and I had notes for everything that was said.
About a month later, I was invited to a meeting of people that bought a new RV in the last month or two. It was in one of their repair garages and they had an A, C, 5er and TT there, along with several tables lined with accessory items. (Also coffee and doughnuts). They discussed many things that were common to any type of RV, then divided us up according to what we had purchased. With only 4 or 5 people in each group, we were able to ask all of our questions.
Then we reformed as a group. They called out a number and if it was yours, you could pick up any accessory item on the tables for free. A six pack of black tank cleaner. Hoses, both input and output, kitchen and bathroom supplies, etc.
And even though they now only sell TTs and 5ers, they continue to service MHs if you bought it there. Affordable and excellent service is a rare find these days.
Retired and visiting as much of this beautiful country as I can.
21 REPLIES 21

TucsonJim
Explorer
Explorer
I don't mind naming my dealer, Lazy Days in Tucson AZ. I had great sales and financing support during our purchase. Unfortunately, they also provided the most inept, unprofessional and rookie service department I've ever experienced.
2016 Ford F350 Turbo Diesel SRW 4x4
2017 Grand Design Reflection 297RSTS
2013 Ford F350 Turbo Diesel SRW 4x4 (Destroyed by fire - 8/29/16)
2014 Grand Design Reflection 337RLS (Destroyed by fire - 8/29/16)

tenbear
Explorer
Explorer
I agree, give the dealer the credit they deserve.
Class C, 2004/5 Four Winds Dutchman Express 28A, Chevy chassis
2010 Subaru Impreza Sedan
Camped in 45 states, 7 Provinces and 1 Territory

PRodacy
Explorer
Explorer
Post names, please. The dealer deserves that pat on the back. Maybe other dealers will take the hint and everyone will benefit.
2012 GMC 3500 dually 4x4
2006 OKanagan 90W
2003 Jeep Rubicon, modified for off road performance

TNRIVERSIDE
Explorer
Explorer
Name names. I think others need to know the good dealers too. Sounds like you have one of the good guys.
2014 Coleman CTS192RD. 2009 F150 4X4, 5.4, 3.31
Jeff

bukhrn
Explorer III
Explorer III
paulcardoza wrote:
Why the reluctance to post the dealership name?
X-2, this Dealer should be a roll model for all dealerships! And if their service/warranty department is as good, the owner should be elected president.
2007 Forester 2941DS
2014 Ford Focus
Zamboni, Long Haired Mini Dachshund

Moved from ATC

paulcardoza
Explorer
Explorer
Why the reluctance to post the dealership name?
Paul & Sandra
Plymouth, MA
2014 Heartland Cyclone 4100 King